Mexican Food-Fi
Oct 5, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 27
You will soon have access to an authentic Mexican restaurant. The number of Mexicans growing throughout America is sky rocketing.

I love taco de lengua. Tijuana was a fun time.

Mexico.Tacos.02.jpg

chewie0ol.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 27
I'll take un burrito de carne asada con todo porfavor con una horchata grande.
growing up in Logan Heights in San Diego you come across a pretty wide variety of Mexican restaurants , anything from Las Cuatro Milpas to Roberto's Taco Shop.

And when I used to go to Tijuana to my grammas house my dad and I would stop at the either the little roadside Taco carts for some tacos al vapor or to the Tostada Shop for tostadas the cueritos,
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 27
Here in Tijuana, the most common and popular food is tacos, there are many kind: asada, adobada, tripa, cabeza, lengua, suadero, birria, etc.

And of course there are a lot of other different foods: enchiladas, burritos, tostadas, tacos dorados, sopes, gorditas, pozole, menudo, chilaquiles, mole, etc.

Mexican food is exquisite. I just got home after eating 4 tacos from a street taco place
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #6 of 27
Love most everything in the Mexican diet.

Ninfa's in Houston was the first place I ever had fajitas. San Diego used to have a great place in the Mission that had sopes. Wonderful date stop. Don't remember the name but it was very popular in the 70s. Another little place in Denver had the best green chili. In a little industrial park.

When we went to Tijuana, we would only eat in the establishments. As good as it looked, I just could not eat from a cart setting in the sun all day. This from someone who bought Mezcal in rusty capped bottles.

Oct 5, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 27
TEX-MEX!!!!!

Oct 5, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #8 of 27
I love Mexican food, too. That's one of the very best parts of living in Los Angeles and frequently visiting Arizona. There's an amazing amount of great Mexican food.

Though I also like to frequent a little place on the Westside that serves Oaxacan food. Similar to Mexican, but they use mushrooms, different vegetables and a couple of unusual mole sauces not found in typical Mexican restaurants. If you love Mexican, give Oaxacan a try if you can. It's similar enough that you'll love it, but different enough to be a new experience.

Oct 5, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 27
As someone who was born and raised on the mexican border in Arizona I have had Mexican food from one end of the border to the other and many miles into mexico.

That being said if you like tacos you seriously have to try Taco Taco in San Antonio. Oh my ever lasting goodness its heavenly! They were even just profilled on Food network for some show or the other.

Oct 6, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love most everything in the Mexican diet.

Menudo?
confused.gif
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #12 of 27
I absolutely LOVE Mexican food (as well as Tex-Mex other variations of mexican food)!!! Luckily, I live in Houston where there is plenty. My favorite dish is carnitas. You can't get them everywhere (and, no, the stuff they have at Chipotle Burritos is not carnitas!) unfortunately. The best carnitas I have had in Houston was at Hugos. The worst carnitas I have had was at Ninfa's (on Kirby, not the original); they were dry and tastless! If you know a place in the US that has good carnitas, please let me know (I travel a lot).

Most of my life I have lived in Southern California and Texas. However, I had to live two years in Boston stuggling to get decent mexican food (ok, there were a couple of pretty good places).

Oct 6, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #14 of 27
Como me gusta comida Mexicana!

I'm born and raised in Arizona so I'm spoiled with all the incredible Mexican (and other Central American) food restaurants here. Plus it's easy to find ingredients for Mexican cooking here as well. Capsaicin paradise!

Oct 6, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Mexican food, too. That's one of the very best parts of living in Los Angeles and frequently visiting Arizona. There's an amazing amount of great Mexican food.

Though I also like to frequent a little place on the Westside that serves Oaxacan food. Similar to Mexican, but they use mushrooms, different vegetables and a couple of unusual mole sauces not found in typical Mexican restaurants. If you love Mexican, give Oaxacan a try if you can. It's similar enough that you'll love it, but different enough to be a new experience.

X2 on LA Mexican food. There are also tons in the Bay Area as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back