Metrum Pavane
Jul 28, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #391 of 682
Is anyone aware of any new Metrum products being released this year? Or upgrades for existing products? I haven't seen anything product related on their social media or web site since Cees left, and the concern is that the product line is going to stagnate. Amazing company with amazing products, so really hope that isn't how it plays out.

Ironically, this sounds like a question that is best addressed to Cees himself (preferably, via e-mail). He seems to keep very close tabs on the company, even after his departure, and will be intimately familiar with whatever is coming down the pipeline, if there is indeed anything afoot.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #392 of 682
Ironically, this sounds like a question that is best addressed to Cees himself (preferably, via e-mail). He seems to keep very close tabs on the company, even after his departure, and will be intimately familiar with whatever is coming down the pipeline, if there is indeed anything afoot.

I've asked him in another Metrum thread in the forum. No response.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #393 of 682
I've asked him in another Metrum thread in the forum. No response.

Well that is why I mentioned asking via e-mail. He might not be too comfortable addressing a question like that in a public forum, especially if he considers the information he has to be too sensitive, or too unflattering, or too critical, or too undiplomatic, or what have you. I have contacted him via e-mail (or private mail) a few times not too long ago, and he has always responded quite promptly. He is actually more conscientious about responding than the folks at Metrum themselves, unfortunately.

By the way, this is just a suggestion.

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #394 of 682
Well that is why I mentioned asking via e-mail. He might not be too comfortable addressing a question like that in a public forum, especially if he considers the information he has to be too sensitive, or too unflattering, or too critical, or too undiplomatic, or what have you. I have contacted him via e-mail (or private mail) a few times not too long ago, and he has always responded quite promptly. He is actually more conscientious about responding than the folks at Metrum themselves, unfortunately.

By the way, this is just a suggestion.

Can you message me his address please?

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #395 of 682
I do wonder what else they can do with their R2R tech, I think they pretty much squeezed all they could from their modules performance wise. Which by the way I haven't seen confirmed independently. They bought M2Tech, or maybe M2Tech bought them, perhaps that's where they focus on.

Jul 28, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #396 of 682
I do wonder what else they can do with their R2R tech, I think they pretty much squeezed all they could from their modules performance wise. Which by the way I haven't seen confirmed independently. They bought M2Tech, or maybe M2Tech bought them, perhaps that's where they focus on.

They bought M2Tech. There's a press announcement about it.

A headphone amp with Adagio/Pavane level DAC built into the Adagio chassis would be sexy.

But yes, they need something new.

Jul 28, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #397 of 682
Jul 31, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #398 of 682
Jul 31, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #399 of 682
Aug 4, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #400 of 682
Cees has announced that registration for his new ‘RoonDAC’ is open, with Sonnet Digital Audio as a company name.

A new product from a well known brain:
- streamer/endpoint and a DAC in one device
- contains the brand new DAC modules which will be used in the new speaker line up (with 4 ladders per DAC module)
- simple: network input and analog outputs (balanced and single ended)
- to be Roon certified, also supports AirPlay and Volumia
- first 25 orders will receive a discount

On his Facebook page you’ll find more information, pictures and board designs

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #403 of 682
I can't find that anywhere. Have a link by chance or is it not posted yet?

Hi Matt,
You can best use search in FB: Cees Ruijtenberg
Below you can find a copy/past of his post

Cheers, Fred

===

Dear all

We are ready to inform you about the prices for the Roon dac. It took a while because I am not allowed to make deliveries myself due to contractual obligations but found a well-known manufacturer of mine willing to make those deliveries through them. I will, however, work out and prepare all orders. Based on the design, a prototype will be made first to ensure that everything is functioning properly. Two weeks after this, final production will start. As a whole, an expected delivery time of approximately nine to ten weeks is expected. The product will be released under the new brand name “Sonnet Digital Audio”. The design has already been determined and will get the looks similar to the attached photo.

Orders can be placed by means of registration and assuming a minimum amount of 25 units will be reached. If this amount is not reached, payments will be credited.

The following prices were calculated based on normal margins:
Roon dac including VAT Euro 1330 for deliveries within the EU. Shipments outside the EU Euro 1099 ex VAT

The following prices apply to the first 25 orders:

Roon dac including VAT Euro 935 for deliveries within the EU. Shipments outside the EU Euro 773 ex VAT
In case that more orders are placed than the minimum quantity of 25 pieces the order will be increased while the same discount prices apply.
The following information is important for creating the order:

Name
Address
Postal Code
Country
telephone number (may only be used by courier)

Orders can be placed via email: info@sonnet-audio.com

Payment in advance by IBAN or Paypal

If there are any questions please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back