Metrum Acoustics Musette NOS R-2R DAC (2015) Discussion thread
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #227 of 239
I would love to hear from anyone who has compared the Musette to the Chord 2qute. I have the Chord now but I'm intrigued by the NOS dacs and Metrum seems to be where I keep coming back to.

I think that overall there would be 0 difference in sound quality.
Even on NOS DAC's it just has a more "old" sound to it because its similar to ancient audio products, but that doesn't make it better.

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #230 of 239
If you google for "musette transient 2 upgrade amethyst" there are references to such an upgrade on other forums and apparently the info came from Metrum at some point, and the 24-bit modules are seemingly drop-in replacements. I can't find any official confirmation tho.

Aug 30, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #231 of 239
Ok, here is the official, not currently being offered or planned due to all modules being allocated to new production and Pavane upgrades, but not completely off the table in the future. Even if offered will max out at 192kHz due to a different board design, which I suppose is more than enough for most mortals out there.

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #232 of 239
Friend in Thailand has upgraded his Pavane to DAC3 level. There are 8 x DAC TWO Modules therefore available in a few weeks’ time. This is a great upgrade for Musette. PM me for more info and I can put you in touch.

Now sold.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #233 of 239
Hello everyone, does anyone have drivers for this DAC?I tried to contact m2tech and metrumacoustics, but they only answered at m2tech and said that they no longer have anything, and the metrum support service does not answer questions at all (I tried to write repeatedly).If someone else uses this DAC and you have them, please send them in private messages, or a link to the same file for windows 7 and 10. Nothing could be found on the network.

Feb 5, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #236 of 239
W7 needs a driver. Iirc all their DACs used the same m2tech USB module, so perhaps their current USB driver you can download will work for the Musette. Also check the wayback machine, it may have a snapshot.

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #237 of 239
Feb 9, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #239 of 239
Metrum musette measurements.This does not exactly match the manufacturer's statements, but it is very close.After all this hype around denafrips, I bought one of their dacs not much cheaper than metrum and it's ares 2, which many praised.To be honest, it's just impossible to listen to ares 2 after musette.It is so much simpler and more unbalanced in all characteristics.It was sold a month later)

Attachments

• METRUM, MUSETTE USB.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back