Metallica in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Apr 8, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #31 of 40
The first half of thier catalogue defined my jr high and highschool years. But i will never forget getting the black album and thinking "Metalica is dead".
dissapointing. oh well. did i expect them to be the same band forever? probably. then they cut thier hair, james stopped screaming, changed producers, made ****ty music....etc. Cant help but think "Cliff Burton never would have let this happen"

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbuzzard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first half of thier catalogue defined my jr high and highschool years. But i will never forget getting the black album and thinking "Metalica is dead".
dissapointing. oh well. did i expect them to be the same band forever? probably. then they cut thier hair, james stopped screaming, changed producers, made ****ty music....etc. Cant help but think "Cliff Burton never would have let this happen"

Yeah, their first four or five albums. Poll: Metallica's best studio album?

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are a talented band and have had a profound effect on rock/metal for over 20 years.

never listened to their stuff. they can rot in hell for all I care.

they made their view on 'napster' quite clear and so I reject them, as a whole, at that point.

greedy 'gimme gimme gimme!' bands: I do not need or want!

there is a lot of valid music out there that doesn't have the 'attitude' this band does.

screw 'em.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

they made their view on 'napster' quite clear and so I reject them, as a whole, at that point.

there is a lot of valid music out there that doesn't have the 'attitude' this band does.

screw 'em.

Yeah! Screw 'em! How DARE they want to actually have people PAY for their music! It should all be FREE!

rolleyes.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #37 of 40
I think their was a time when Metallica truly had something special going on and was creating great music in the world of metal. They pretty much went from being nobodys and through their ability to create great music went from nothing into one of the biggest metal bands ever to exist. As a 24 year old musician I couldnt imagine being 22 or however old they were and writing Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets and going and touring around the world. Its insane. The chemistry they once had for creating music was not something that you come across every day. Theyve been on a rollercoaster ride throughout their carreer and IMO their downward slope happened after The Black Album. Though, i consider Load and Reload to be good albums musically. I think recently (since St. Anger and Death Magnetic) theyve simply forgotten what heavy is. They deserve to be in the rock and roll hall of fame though IMO just because of the ripples theyve made in the music/metal world...whether it means anything or not to be inducted.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cousin Patty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think their was a time when Metallica truly had something special going on and was creating great music in the world of metal. They pretty much went from being nobodys and through their ability to create great music went from nothing into one of the biggest metal bands ever to exist. As a 24 year old musician I couldnt imagine being 22 or however old they were and writing Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets and going and touring around the world. Its insane. The chemistry they once had for creating music was not something that you come across every day. Theyve been on a rollercoaster ride throughout their carreer and IMO their downward slope happened after The Black Album. Though, i consider Load and Reload to be good albums musically. I think recently (since St. Anger and Death Magnetic) theyve simply forgotten what heavy is. They deserve to be in the rock and roll hall of fame though IMO just because of the ripples theyve made in the music/metal world...whether it means anything or not to be inducted.

Well said.
k701smile.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

screw 'em.

linuxworks=shawn fanning fanboy

if you have never heard metallica let me enlighten you. These guys are legendary. You cant write a song like "dyers eve" without a little "attitude". i guess i was never offended by them dissing Napster because i purchased all of their albums tapes and CD's(some multiple times).
I WAS offended by that awful documentary "some kind of monster". what other metal band has a shrink in their ontourage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back