Metallica in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Apr 4, 2009 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40
... not yet ... but they will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame within a few hours.
(Saturday - April 4, 2009)

Quote:

Metallica To Play With Two Bassists At Rock Hall Of Fame.
Both Jason Newsted and Robert Trujillo will perform at band's induction on Saturday.

(Taken from here)

See also here and here

Updated Sunday April 5,2009

ap_metallica_060314_ssh.jpg

Inductee

Yeah! Inducted!!! and Yeah,They're already IN!

[size=large]VIDEO[/size]
(Don't forget to click on the bottom part of the video to hear the induction speeches!)

capt.7248f4add1a74ec496d856cbc96c707a.correction_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_arrival_ohks114.jpg

[size=xx-large]Are you happy now?[/size]

beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif

P.S.
Poll: Metallica's best studio album?

Apr 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish enough dumb sheep would buy my albums for ME to get inducted
frown.gif

Maybe your albums suck? I think the newer garbage Metallica produced made a lot of people forget about what they did in the past. They are a talented band and have had a profound effect on rock/metal for over 20 years.

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #5 of 40
I agree the old metallica is great. Most of the new stuff isn't for me. I think that their cd St. Anger is possibly one of the worst albums I have ever bought. I haven't heard much of their latest cd, but I've heard it's supposed to be a bit more like their older stuff, maybee worth checking out.

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 40
Even the new stuff is to me very good in comparison to other crap out there, the harder album for me to listen to, is the Anger, but the rest is not that bad...congrats boys...

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 40
I was just at their annex in SoHo in Manhattan Thursday. I'm sure I remember someone's name from Metallica was in the whole room full of signatures.

Apr 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 40
Sure, Metallica gets in. I'm still waiting for Rush.

/bitter Canuck

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #10 of 40
I am happy for Metallica however the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just isn't what it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be, duh, a Hall of Fame for Rock and Roll. Then last year, Madonna gets inducted? It's an example of dumbing down our institutions.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #11 of 40
They deserve to be there. They were probaply most influental metal band at their old times, (Slayer and such followed soon after) they brought harder forms of metal to public knowledge. While it isnt "fashionable" (thank god) anymore, it still exists and lives on and refuses to die.

Even nowaday stuff is relatively good quality compared to what rock crap plays on the radio. In my car I listened several hours of Radio Rock. Of all that horrible and soulless rock-esque noise played there the All Nightmare Long song stood out like a sore thumb, in a good way. Quality was immidietly obvious. It seemed like a music that was actually carefully composed and written!

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am happy for Metallica however the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame just isn't what it is supposed to be. It is supposed to be, duh, a Hall of Fame for Rock and Roll. Then last year, Madonna gets inducted? It's an example of dumbing down our institutions.

I'll go along with this...what kind of hall of fame for rock and roll is only open until 5:00 PM on Saturday?! For crissakes, even Lawrence Welk was on TV at 7:00 PM on Saturday!!
angry_face.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #14 of 40
It is called "Hall of fame", as it includes the most influential and popular rock bands among the mainstream public, Metallica deserve to be there, as they helped to spread some decent "heavy metal" music to the radio audience, even if there were far better thrash metal bands from a technical and musical point of view, i doubt they are even interested to be entitled of such an award.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back