Metal ring fell off Audio-Technica ATH-M50. Will this affect audio quality?
Mar 25, 2011 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

zowki

500+ Head-Fier
The metal ring fell off one of the sides of my Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones. Will this affect audio quality in any way or is it just for aesthetic purposes?

*Edit (pic)*:

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 20
Well, I question exactly how tightly glued the rings are... If you press the rings on my pair, there is a little bit of give, and they don't seem completely rock-solid, so I can see how this could happen... I'm positive mine are genuine too, as I got them from HeadRoom. Maybe this is just a QC issue?

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #9 of 20
Perhaps. My new M50 metal rings are solidly embedded in their grooves, no give anywhere here. How old are your M50s?

Quote:
Well, I question exactly how tightly glued the rings are... If you press the rings on my pair, there is a little bit of give, and they don't seem completely rock-solid, so I can see how this could happen... I'm positive mine are genuine too, as I got them from HeadRoom. Maybe this is just a QC issue?

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 20
Replying to the thread title here:
Maybe I'm overlooking something, but can't you answer that question by just listening to the headphones?
I don't think anything we say can change what you hear.  
blink.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 20
i'm being serious when i say i'm not fully convinced this isn't a trollpost. how exactly would that metal ring affect the sound? and i mean anything beyond the most marginal change. like so minute you couldn't tell, and even that is stretching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back