melos mods (warning: LONG post, pics)
Nov 24, 2002 at 9:26 AM Post #46 of 49
Serving,

cool beans. I don't need more pictures yet, but shoot me a PM and lets see if we can arrange a time (I'm thinking of trying to arrange a meet around the holidays so Moo and others can go).

carlo.

Nov 24, 2002 at 5:24 PM Post #47 of 49
rolleyes.gif

Been away for about a month guys so was unable to get this crap together,should be sometime today/next couple.

What REALLy sucks though is,being me I can't leave crap alone so am making more changes
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

stay tuned ,good thing I made this baby modular and the psu external (well,ecept for the 40,000uF of Pi filtering
eek.gif
,this bad boy could probably run for hours if I did not install psu drain LEDS
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:46 AM Post #48 of 49
Cool - can't wait to see it!

ok,
erix

Nov 25, 2002 at 5:28 AM Post #49 of 49
BTW-put my PCDP on top once and melted the damn feet right off
eek.gif

And that is the main reason for the new changes,the mosfets run pretty hot as it is , but the 5687 tube stage added just too much,I was fearing for the parts inside !

Version 12,678 is leaning towards a lower power tube,something able to run at +12 volts so I can keep all in the compact 3X8X6 inch chassis and use the same psu for all stages with individual RLC isolated feeds .Individual sage regs are the ideal but I really do like simple

I have also fooled around with both JFET and MOSFET gain stages with good rersults but they seem to like higher voltages also,30 volts minimum.

So I have some more ordering/breadboarding/listening/tweaking to do.Still trying to do tube front with active current sourcing.

Going back to passive on the output follower.Just sounds better for some reason.Maybe inductor loading instead of resistor loading

No free rides guys.

I need to get a pic up too.The only thing thathas NOT changd is the cabinet.I got lucky on this one and got it right on try #2 about 1.5 yrs ago.
It just looks correct to me in charcoal hammerite with a RETRO look.Big ass toggle for on/off (planned ahead hear too for dual stages by incorporating a heavy duty DPDT ) with the on/off escutcheon plate,chrome bezel red led (looks like old neon type) and a black skirted knob with the 0-10 markings.

Yeah,the rickster likes the look BIG TIME

more to come....................................

(bear with me guys
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back