melos mods (warning: LONG post, pics)
Oct 16, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #31 of 49
So anyone have access to the schematics ?
Would love to check out what it is that makes this baby go.

My present reference anp is a mongaloid Szekeres running at 450 mA per channel , mosfet active current sources , shunt regulation (6 Amp PSU, YEAH BABY < YEAH !)

and tube gain stage.

Tubes voltage gain and mosfet current gain is the way to go for the rickster

Oct 16, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #32 of 49
Carlo
Are you intending to include source selection and preamp output or are you leaving this one headphone only?

And heh... if you think HD580s give you a sense of space and layering...

Oct 16, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #33 of 49
kelly,

i'll be adding at least one more rca input as well as balanced, but won't deal with that until i reach the point where its all finished and am looking for a case. will add preamp output in both rca and balanced, although more than likely i won't be using it as a preamp (unless i decide to make a little speaker setup in the bedroom).

stop mocking me with your hp-1s you damned racoon.

btw, the hd580s give me a sense of layering with this amp.
wink.gif

carlo.

Oct 17, 2002 at 12:58 AM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

I'm reading your reply on a Sony GDM-FW900, so, I'll manage to find a way .

fancy.

(i don't know what that is)

Oct 17, 2002 at 1:11 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Voodoochile
I'm reading your reply on a Sony GDM-FW900, so, I'll manage to find a way
wink.gif

I guess if you hock that you can come up with enough money for a normal monitor and a used Melos SHA-1 and the parts. I dunno about the labor, though--unless you know how to do this stuff yourself, of course.

Oct 17, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #37 of 49
Rats... can't have cake and eat it too.
frown.gif

I must be patient.

Carlo: post more pics when you get further along, please!

Oct 17, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by rickcr42
So anyone have access to the schematics ?
Would love to check out what it is that makes this baby go.

My present reference anp is a mongaloid Szekeres running at 450 mA per channel , mosfet active current sources , shunt regulation (6 Amp PSU, YEAH BABY < YEAH !)

and tube gain stage.

Tubes voltage gain and mosfet current gain is the way to go for the rickster

Hey rickcr42,

Let's trade schematics!
wink.gif
YGPM!

ok,
erix

Oct 17, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #39 of 49
Rick-meister, you da man! I have been looking at tube front ends for my Skeres also! Any chance I could pick at yer brain??? I will trade a simple mod for the bias voltage, for some info on yer tube front end.

Nov 21, 2002 at 10:16 AM Post #45 of 49
Carlo,

If you ever need some photos taken of your board, PM me and we'll set it up!!!! I have a really good Sony digital camera, and I'd be happy to take a bunch of photos of this stuff. That way you can also take a look at my Melos Gold Reference and give some advice on making some changes to my it. It is coming soon, so if you want to hook-up that would be cool!!!

I am curious as to what you think can be done for cheap on this Gold Ref. I'm sure you know what will make the most bang for the buck changes, so I'd be interested in hearing what you thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back