Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Sep 9, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #422 of 658
Everything coming from china at low cost seems to suffer from the same bad reliability. Industral process is not good enough to produce strictly identical items.
In some areas there can also be safety risks with electrical failure due to no respect of international standards. The other side of cheap items......

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #423 of 658
  My MX-U8 arrived today

Plugged it in (replaces an Audio-gd DI)

Loud buzzing
Big click
Faint burning smell

Dead :frowning2:

Very sad 
frown.gif

Did you check input voltage? Maybe it was set at 110Volts? What does your supplier say?

Good luck!

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #424 of 658

Sergey,

Like I said, when using 16V you can use 2200uF, if you use 25V you have to lower capacitance because caps won't fit in enclosure.
The link you provided is not Nichicon FG but Elna, and it's only 220uF,

FG Series:
http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/fg-series/41360

HW Series:
http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/hw-series/30859

I didn't compare HW with FG in this application, you could ask rb2013 which ones he prefers in this application since he tried both.

Good luck,

Alex

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #425 of 658

Very sad 
frown.gif

Did you check input voltage? Maybe it was set at 110Volts? What does your supplier say?

Good luck!

There is no selectable voltage

The box is ticked 230V (I mentioned that to supplier as well - reply below)

"Dear David
Thanks for your message.
I am very sorry to hear that.
You can check the box, it have mark the voltage.
Also can open case, it also have voltage inside this item.
Have a great time.

By the way, we have send you the 230V."

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #426 of 658

There is no selectable voltage

The box is ticked 230V (I mentioned that to supplier as well - reply below)

"Dear David
Thanks for your message.
I am very sorry to hear that.
You can check the box, it have mark the voltage.
Also can open case, it also have voltage inside this item.
Have a great time.

By the way, we have send you the 230V."

Did your seller opted to replace the unit? I would check bottom of pcb if you can see any shortcomings,,,

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #428 of 658
According to their warranty:

Since courier receipt date within 7 days, if quality problems and caused the machine to malfunction, Melodious Audio would provide return and replacement of the new service, Melodious Audio would offer a round trip shipping cost.

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #429 of 658
Everything coming from china at low cost seems to suffer from the same bad reliability. Industral process is not good enough to produce strictly identical items.
In some areas there can also be safety risks with electrical failure due to no respect of international standards. The other side of cheap items......

The Breeze Audio and the three Gustard U12's I have recieved all played perfectly.  I Have had the Breeze Audio running now for over a week 24/7 - not one unlock, pop, or click.  Super easy to install - no handshake driver needed.

So not all.  I think the Tanly's have been good as well - at least no reports of problems

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #430 of 658

Sergey,

Like I said, when using 16V you can use 2200uF, if you use 25V you have to lower capacitance because caps won't fit in enclosure.
The link you provided is not Nichicon FG but Elna, and it's only 220uF,

FG Series:
http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/fg-series/41360

HW Series:
http://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/hw-series/30859

I didn't compare HW with FG in this application, you could ask rb2013 which ones he prefers in this application since he tried both.

Good luck,

Alex

Hi Alex, I liked them both better then the Pannie FC's and way better then stock.  I seem to slightly prefer the FGs, but the HW's are totaly acceptable.

Just bought an iFi iDAC2 to use as a portable HP amp (with the Li Ion pack).  Very high quality components - saw these awesome Elna Silmic II's inside - I have used the brown version in my DAC60 mod project and really like them.   These black ones look very good  - will have to research were to find them.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #433 of 658
  Well now we know why mine failed when switched on for the first time ( I ordered 230V and the box says 230V)

Thats exactly what I thought happened,, so it's supplier / manufacturers fault, they have to replace the unit for free.
I suppose they will send you pcb so you can exchange pcb.

Good luck!

Alex

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #434 of 658

Hi Alex, I liked them both better then the Pannie FC's and way better then stock.  I seem to slightly prefer the FGs, but the HW's are totaly acceptable.

Just bought an iFi iDAC2 to use as a portable HP amp (with the Li Ion pack).  Very high quality components - saw these awesome Elna Silmic II's inside - I have used the brown version in my DAC60 mod project and really like them.   These black ones look very good  - will have to research were to find them.

I received AK4495 DAC ( I2S - PCM - DOP ONLY - 768kHz MAX ) dac to test with, very good components they used for a $35 dac, only have to change the AD827 and the diodes 
bigsmile_face.gif

2x LT1963, Nover - Elna - Nichicon FG - Wima caps, very impressive 
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 10, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #435 of 658
my crystek just arrived. can I just use solder gun to solder the crystek to the board pins ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back