Melbourne's 2nd Head-Fi Meet of 2011 - 10th September
Aug 11, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #106 of 229
I'd like to hear some of Schiit's gear, especially the Lyr with my LCD-2. I'll see what I can do about getting one to the meet. I'm also going to see what the chances of getting JH Audio to the meet as well, at least, their demo models...

Aug 11, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #107 of 229
less than 5 min for me, i'll be screaming down doncaster rd at 50+. oh how i love downhill stretches :)

Quote:
Oh no, the location has been moved from a place where I have to drive to a 10 minute ride and 5 minute walk. 
redface.gif

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #109 of 229
     Quote:
I'd like to hear some of Schiit's gear, [...]

I think a lot of people would like to hear some Schiit gear. Maybe contact Nelson over at http://www.i-enjoy.com.au/ who is Schiit's Aussie dealer and see if he will send you some demos for the meet? It's worth asking him. He's a great guy :)

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #112 of 229
They will have their universal demo models on display at the meet. Whilst lacking in probably every area to their molded cousins, they're still good enough for people to get an idea of the sound signature.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #113 of 229
so its exactly the same iems except without the custom molds? btw, i believe i-enjoy offers free trial products. maybe we can borrow some Schiit products if they're available.

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #116 of 229

Quote:
I'd like to hear some of Schiit's gear, especially the Lyr with my LCD-2. I'll see what I can do about getting one to the meet. I'm also going to see what the chances of getting JH Audio to the meet as well, at least, their demo models...

I second interest in this, if I could hear a few UM models and JH in the same day that would be of exceptional value imho.

I guess I'm more of an IEM person, not that excited about the electrostatics...
tongue.gif

They're raving about the new Fostex HP-A3 Dac/Amp in Japan hopefully I can buy one and receive it before the meet.

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #117 of 229
Not finalized, but here are a few of the things I will be bringing. I'm not going to bother that people are already bringing:

My personal MS1000 (aluminium modded MS-1, as seen above)
My personal AKG K1000
Beyerdynamic DT150
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Beyerdynamic DT880pro
Beyerdynamic DT770pro
Beyerdynamic DT231pro
Beyerdynamic T1
CEntrance DAC Port and DACmini
Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo
Earsonics SM3
FEELS Pro900 ($65 armature earphones)
Final Audio Earphones (including the beautiful and equally expensive piano forte VIII)
Graham Slee Amplifiers
Hifiman HE-500 and HE-6
Hifiman RE0 and RE2
Hippo earphones (including VBs)
Just Audio uHA 120 amp
Go-Vibe amps (including Porta Tube)
Lavry DA-11
Ortofon e-Q5
Ultrasone Edition 8&10
Venturecraft Go-Dap

Things I think are very interesting I've put in bold...

(possibly, depending if they get here on time) my ACS T1 that people might be able to try (if it fits your ears!) as well as JH universals

If there's anything else you guys would like to try that's currently at jaben.com.au I'll do my best to bring it in.
If it's not on the site, ask anyway... I might be able to do something for you.

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #118 of 229
I'd be keen to hear if anyone has a Lead-Audio LA-100 on hand? This little Danish DAC has piqued my interest.

I see that i-enjoy.com.au are bringing them in.

Looks like a great alternative to the DacMagic for someone on a small budget with no need for balanced connections

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #119 of 229
Anyone planning on bringing some quality reference recordings?

My definite three are as follows (will attempt to bring a few more as I go through the collection) :-

* Beatles - White Album (2009 Re-Master) FLAC
* Pink Floyd - The Wall (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab Japanese Press) FLAC
* Head-Fi Ultimate Disc (Binaural) FLAC

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #120 of 229
Glad to hear we will be getting both the HE-500 and LCD2's in this meet! 
biggrin.gif
 So excited. Now if we can get some schiits in here 
rolleyes.gif
 btw, anyone tried contacting i-enjoy about free trial products or if they can bring in anything for the meet?

Quote:
Not finalized, but here are a few of the things I will be bringing. I'm not going to bother that people are already bringing:

My personal MS1000 (aluminium modded MS-1, as seen above)
My personal AKG K1000
Beyerdynamic DT150
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Beyerdynamic DT880pro
Beyerdynamic DT770pro
Beyerdynamic DT231pro
Beyerdynamic T1
CEntrance DAC Port and DACmini
Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo
Earsonics SM3
FEELS Pro900 ($65 armature earphones)
Final Audio Earphones (including the beautiful and equally expensive piano forte VIII)
Graham Slee Amplifiers
Hifiman HE-500 and HE-6
Hifiman RE0 and RE2
Hippo earphones (including VBs)
Just Audio uHA 120 amp
Go-Vibe amps (including Porta Tube)
Lavry DA-11
Ortofon e-Q5
Ultrasone Edition 8&10
Venturecraft Go-Dap

Things I think are very interesting I've put in bold...

(possibly, depending if they get here on time) my ACS T1 that people might be able to try (if it fits your ears!) as well as JH universals

If there's anything else you guys would like to try that's currently at jaben.com.au I'll do my best to bring it in.
If it's not on the site, ask anyway... I might be able to do something for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back