Melbourne's 2nd Head-Fi Meet of 2011 - 10th September
Aug 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #137 of 229
Hi Guys

I'd love to be there but doubt I can make it  BUT  if organisers pay registered postage I'll send over my highly modded Benchmark DAC-1 - Steve Nugent at Empirical Audio virtually rebuilt it to give excellent results.  I've been enjoying it for some time now but it has been surpassed by the new NuForce DAC-9 I recently reviewed here.

Will says he would like the Benchmark there IF there is enough interest.  So, over to you to lobby Will.  I also have an Icon HDP which could go over from Tasmania but I see Will has one already so maybe no point.

John

Aug 15, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #138 of 229
I'm currently in the process of making a playlist with a heap of tracks which highlight the good/bad parts of my rig(s) and I have never been to an audio meet before, so I was wondering what the deal is with music?
Obviously my own setup will have my music on it (laptop) but should I bring a USB with some of my favourite/reference tracks and some CD's along for trying out other setups?

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #139 of 229
It's probably worth bringing your own USB with some tracks on it so you can sit down and just plug in (provided the owner is okay with it), CDs are always useful as well.

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #140 of 229

Quote:
It's probably worth bringing your own USB with some tracks on it so you can sit down and just plug in (provided the owner is okay with it), CDs are always useful as well.

Quote:
Anyone planning on bringing some quality reference recordings?

My definite three are as follows (will attempt to bring a few more as I go through the collection) :-

* Beatles - White Album (2009 Re-Master) FLAC
* Pink Floyd - The Wall (Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab Japanese Press) FLAC
* Head-Fi Ultimate Disc (Binaural) FLAC

I'll bring a usb with some 'hd' tracks if people would like.  Metallica, Opera/Classical and Jazz at 24bit 96khz.  Ohh yeaahhh.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #141 of 229

Quote:
I'll bring a usb with some 'hd' tracks if people would like.  Metallica, Opera/Classical and Jazz at 24bit 96khz.  Ohh yeaahhh.

Great stuff all round. I've recently scored a nice mastering of Joy Divison (Best of) and wait for it...

Great 'audiophile voices' of Italian tenors. I know, perhaps not to everyone's taste 
blink.gif
 But the recording itself is totally mint. The latter is 24bit.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #142 of 229

Quote:
Great stuff all round. I've recently scored a nice mastering of Joy Divison (Best of) and wait for it...

Great 'audiophile voices' of Italian tenors. I know, perhaps not to everyone's taste 
blink.gif
 But the recording itself is totally mint. The latter is 24bit.

Opera = perfection. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 8:45 AM Post #146 of 229

Quote:
Hi guys just heard about the meet would love to come down for the day from sydney if there's still room on the list

You're more than welcome, just send me the confirmation and I'll happily put you down! How do you plan on getting there from the airport? Perhaps we can sort someone out for you to carpool with.

Aug 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM Post #148 of 229
Regarding carpooling - I will be driving from Carlton in the morning. I can offer a lift to the event but unfortunately I will be leaving early so that could be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back