Melbourne Meet 2010 - 20.03.2010 impressions
Mar 23, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #136 of 250
Thanks
biggrin.gif
Well, right now I don't really have any of those. I have about $380 right now but NEED to buy a new graphics card
tongue.gif
No energy because of school lol. No time because...well...head-fi+music+homework = day gone
confused.gif
And my friends ask why I don't play video/computer games anymore...shame on them
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #137 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks
biggrin.gif
Well, right now I don't really have any of those. I have about $380 right now but NEED to buy a new graphics card
tongue.gif
No energy because of school lol. No time because...well...head-fi+music+homework = day gone
confused.gif
And my friends ask why I don't play video/computer games anymore...shame on them
wink.gif

Haha, It's good that you can spend time on music and head-fi...
beyersmile.png

Last week, I went to bed around 5am and woke up around 11am (Tuesday to Monday) due to my assignments (Term project) and financial analysis, extra part-time job (magazine distribution) and class
L3000.gif
My friends also ask me about the video or computer games, I've ended up playing video/computer games for a few years because I had to work and I like to listen to music more than playing the game
icon10.gif
however, I still left PS2 at my home in Thailand and rarely turn it on ....
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #138 of 250
Impressive 15... jebus same age as my little brother, that's kinda scary/funny.
smily_headphones1.gif

My problem is I live my life in the red ... keep finding ways to spend large sums of money money (Computers, surf trips overseas, new bodyboard + wetsuit, a car) so I'm forever bailing myself out of that then I stupidly keep buying booze and weed and going out to festivals and/or parties whenever I can :S
I'm at the stage now when I keep thinking, hmm buy this really nice audio equipment (Bloody hell it's tempting) or save for next year when I finish school. I keep finding it harder and harder to splurge money the closer I get to finishing high school.
I've got to pull my finger out and start selling stuff I'm no longer using, hopefully that might see me with some quality equipment for next year and beyond.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #139 of 250
That is why I don't do weed or buy alcohol
smily_headphones1.gif
Or go to parties. I rarely spend money on my computer anymore, just a new graphics card every once in a while. Right now I am saving for something like an ATI 5850/5870 and something else in the audio world
biggrin.gif
I have lots of homework to do...but you know, I really can't be bothered
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #140 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mate congratulations
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I am the 15 year old
tongue.gif
I am poor too, pretty low income family, but I still managed to get all this stuff within 12 months
smily_headphones1.gif

yukari, comparison of JH 5 vs jh13?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collagen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations....

I think that JH13 pro is more suitable with female vocal songs....
k701smile.gif

However, I haven't tried any JH headphones..... (but my friend want to buy and ask me about them"
confused_face_2.gif
)

Oh well, it's a bit unfair to compare them.
1, they are at a different level, and 2, My 13pro has been used for about 8 or 9 months already.

But for what I can hear now,
the 13 need a bit more energy to drive compare to the 5.
13 has better sounstage, vocal not as close compare to 5.
Better clarity and detail from 13 as well.
13 is also more neutral and balance in all 3 (high mid low) freq.

It's actually quite obvious...but then I still think the 5 is worthwhile as an entry level cm.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #141 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with vce in just 10 weeks I'm not sure if a job is a good idea.

VCE is overrated.

Seriously, don't believe the crap that they say about VCE being the only oppurtunity in life to get somewhere.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #142 of 250
I asked my friend who recabled my HF2 and K701 about the cable that he used. Unfortunately, he's not sure about the exact cable (he modified a lot of headphones
atsmile.gif
) but he answered me that he used some vintage cable and changing soldering materials....
tongue.gif

I'm so sorry about this ...

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #144 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VCE is overrated.

Seriously, don't believe the crap that they say about VCE being the only oppurtunity in life to get somewhere.

This year's the chance to get one easy 50 study score, takes pressure off next year.

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #146 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by maguire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im absolutely gutted... I totally missed the Meet...Damn ...Totally

Don worry, always another one coming =)

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #147 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trysaeder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

VCE is overrated.

This year's the chance to get one easy 50 study score, takes pressure off next year.

And who told you that?
wink.gif
You better shape up mate, I know what you've been getting in you SAC's.

Going to the same school as Trysaeder, although we are in different year levels, trust me when I say that every single day, we are fed the "VCE is everything" mantra and are constantly reminded of it in our academic arena of a school; and most of this is coming from the students too.

Too keep to the topic: I really wish I had the time to come to this meet, I feel that I could have learnt so much from it and met very nice people along the way. I'll be sure to make time for the next one
smily_headphones1.gif

Kudos to Yukari for what turned out be a great meet
o2smile.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #148 of 250
Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyFine Shindig /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Going to the same school as Trysaeder, although we are in different year levels, trust me when I say that every single day, we are fed the "VCE is everything" mantra and are constantly reminded of it in our academic arena of a school; and most of this is coming from the students too.

Its just a pissing contest between schools. If you're willing to put the hard work in, you'd get a high score no matter which school you go to.

And whats with all the tutoring kids do these days? I only had 1 tutor for Chemistry because I hated the subject.

VCE scores are a meaningless number once you're at uni.

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #149 of 250
Quote:

Its just a pissing contest between schools. If you're willing to put the hard work in, you'd get a high score no matter which school you go to.

And whats with all the tutoring kids do these days? I only had 1 tutor for Chemistry because I hated the subject.

VCE scores are a meaningless number once you're at uni.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about the VCE scores, but it really is hard to ignore the degree of importance that it holds in getting into the uni course that you want in the first place. Coming from an average school and moving to a school of high achievers, I think that it's a valid point to make.

Mar 27, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #150 of 250
OP 2 QLD guy here. It got me into uni and now it's forgotten. Sooo not worth it to me
tongue.gif

Super late edit: I went to a crappy school too. You can get the result you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back