Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014
Oct 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #286 of 311
  Most of the Beyerdynamic cans are best used with an high impedance output amplifier (100ohm). Is there any amp with high and low impendance output at the meet, where i could see the difference with my can in real life ?

@Loquah - do i need to bring the torx screwdriver to remove the T1 cup from the headband ?

The Mainline has switchable output impedance so it's perfect for your needs - I used the switch with the T1s to answer that same question - the difference is significant.

No need for any tools for your T1s

Hey guys, 

Just wondering what the go is with sources tomorrow having never been to one of these meets before.

I'm bringing the D7 (usb) and the audio-gd (usb/opt/coax). Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but should I bring my laptop along as a source?

I understand space might be an issue so I just thought I'd ask before lugging it all the way there.

I'll have my laptop there, my X5 (has line out and coaxial out), and my C4 (coaxial out), plus others will probably have various sources with line-outs, etc. You're welcome to bring your laptop as I think we're going to be OK for space and you can always choose not to use it even if you bring it

I'll be there tmrw at 12. I'll just bring cans and a HDD of all my high res stuff.

The LCD-2.1 and 2.2F will both make an appearance alongside a few other cans. Since I won't have to lug amps, I'll bring more cans along.

Sounds great!! We'll have LCD 2.1, 2.2 and 2.2F - that'll make for a fun comparison!

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #289 of 311
Can i get someone phone number im new here so not cemtainly sure where the meet is just know its near prahran station

Thx q
Anupong

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #291 of 311
Hi Guys,
I have Dita Audio The Answer Edition basically brand new and portable AMP/DAC Leckerton Audio UHA-6S.MkII for grabs. Have upgraded again so let me know if anyone interested.

Cheers
beyersmile.png

Oct 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #293 of 311
I just woke up - late night at work last night. I'll smash some breakfast (lunch? lol), have a shower and boot on in.

I'll bring my camera in case no one else has! Looks like there will be some pretty awesome gear floating around. 

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:54 AM Post #298 of 311
You're most welcome, Astro and yes, thank so much to @billymav for your gracious hospitality once again. Enjoy the beer!

Here's a link to an impressions / discussion thread as the mods may lock this now that the meet has been and gone: http://www.head-fi.org/t/739830/melbourne-meet-october-2014-impressions-and-photos-thread

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #299 of 311
Wonderful meet. I really enjoyed it and thanks to everyone for making the effort to turn up with such a generous variety of gear. Special thanks to the organizer and host, Loquah and Billy respectively.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #300 of 311
Nice meet, got to meet some people I've never seen before at previous meets. 

Thanks to Billy and Lachlan of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back