Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014
Oct 24, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #271 of 311
  At this stage, I highly doubt I will have an amp on the day. If someone is hoping for a spot, please take mine, otherwise, I'll give it one last try tmrw (maybe the stock count and special orders came in late in the day). Here's for hoping.

Sigh.

I got two desktop dacs, two desktop amps and a mobile setup. Try our stuff so you have a frame of reference for when your psychotic stuff arrives. :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #272 of 311
  At this stage, I highly doubt I will have an amp on the day. If someone is hoping for a spot, please take mine, otherwise, I'll give it one last try tmrw (maybe the stock count and special orders came in late in the day). Here's for hoping.

Sigh.

I was really hoping to see a live Fazor LCD2. I can bring a 4 pin to 6.3 mm adapter for it. Don't throw stones at me, but i'am running a T1 out of my X5 or O2.

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #274 of 311
Okay. I'll drop by with a few headphones :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #275 of 311
Hi all, just stumbled upon this thread while searching for audiophiles in Melbourne. I was hoping if I would be able to join you guys here? I have been into audio for few years now and an mostly an IEM guy but would also love to expand into full sized cans down the line. Many thanks :)

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #276 of 311
Hi all, just stumbled upon this thread while searching for audiophiles in Melbourne. I was hoping if I would be able to join you guys here? I have been into audio for few years now and an mostly an IEM guy but would also love to expand into full sized cans down the line. Many thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

If spaces are limited, you're welcome to mine. :) Better yet if both can go.

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #278 of 311
Sorry to disappoint, I should have clarified earlier that I would not be able to make it to this upcoming meet due to the immediacy of it and prior arrangements on my end.

Happy to join in on future meets though. I can bring most of my inventory as listed on my profile.

Oct 25, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #282 of 311
yes of course :)

and also bring the spiral cable by pure sound(the demo from my friends really awesome will let you guys compare with picollino)

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #283 of 311
That's ok @Show, just come along with whatever you want to bring. There'll be plenty of amps there

Most of the Beyerdynamic cans are best used with an high impedance output amplifier (100ohm). Is there any amp with high and low impendance output at the meet, where i could see the difference with my can in real life ?

@Loquah - do i need to bring the torx screwdriver to remove the T1 cup from the headband ?

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #284 of 311
Hey guys, 

Just wondering what the go is with sources tomorrow having never been to one of these meets before.

I'm bringing the D7 (usb) and the audio-gd (usb/opt/coax). Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but should I bring my laptop along as a source?

I understand space might be an issue so I just thought I'd ask before lugging it all the way there.

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #285 of 311
I'll be there tmrw at 12. I'll just bring cans and a HDD of all my high res stuff.

The LCD-2.1 and 2.2F will both make an appearance alongside a few other cans. Since I won't have to lug amps, I'll bring more cans along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back