Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014
Oct 19, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #241 of 311
Updating the front page as well, but just wanted to confirm here as well that timing next Sunday is 12pm to 4pm with a sharp finish as 4pm so probably packing starting at 3pm which means you will want to come early, not late if you're not going to be there the whole time.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #242 of 311
  FYI, I'm sure all you guys are all over it but the new Alpha Dog Prime will apparently be showing up at the Melbourne AV show this weekend! I'll be down there on Sunday to check it out.

So how was it? :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #246 of 311

So how was it? :)

To my uneducated ear...not a vast difference? Haha, very subtle if anything. Bass a bit stronger than the Alpha, but no Audeze...in any case the floor of an AV show probably not the best place to trial it!

The Woo Audio WA8 prototype was there though! I enjoyed that. But haven't tried many flagship or decent portables to be able to compare.

Noticed you put your Bakoon up for sale?

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #247 of 311
I've nearly sold it but I will convince the buyer to allow me to send it on Monday   :)

I needed the cash in case I want to get an Alpha Prime. I also upgraded my DAC AGAIN so I need to only keep the stuff I use the most. 

On that note, I will be selling my JH13 PRO FP so if anyone is interested, feel free to talk to me.

Regarding Alpha Prime, if it has more bass and is slightly better, it might still be worth considering to pair with my upcoming Geek Pulse XFi. 

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #248 of 311
  I've nearly sold it but I will convince the buyer to allow me to send it on Monday   :)

I needed the cash in case I want to get an Alpha Prime. I also upgraded my DAC AGAIN so I need to only keep the stuff I use the most.

On that note, I will be selling my JH13 PRO FP so if anyone is interested, feel free to talk to me.

Regarding Alpha Prime, if it has more bass and is slightly better, it might still be worth considering to pair with my upcoming Geek Pulse XFi.

haha upgradeitis!

i like it...but no real reason to upgrade.  Have my eye on the Magnepan 1.7 speakers! Saw them at the Show...AMAZING value at $3k...Literally kick-arse. Would have bought them there and then if the retailer was willing to discount. Guess I'll have to wait till after I move to buy them.

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #249 of 311
Speaking of trades and the like, I'm trying to scrape together some pennies so if anyone is interested in anything of mine (except the Mainline) please let me know as I'm re-jigging my setup at the moment and would be willing to let almost anything go for the right deal. Check my profile for a full list of EVERYTHING I have (in terms of head-fi that is)

Andy, I thought you said you'd never sell the Neko!!??
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #250 of 311
  Speaking of trades and the like, I'm trying to scrape together some pennies so if anyone is interested in anything of mine (except the Mainline) please let me know as I'm re-jigging my setup at the moment and would be willing to let almost anything go for the right deal. Check my profile for a full list of EVERYTHING I have (in terms of head-fi that is)

Oops - might have been a bit hasty. The LCD 2s, T1s, E12DIY, and SE846s (for now) are also off limits
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 21, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #254 of 311
The hour is drawing near and still no news on the arrival date of my amp+dac+matching I/Cs. 

Sleepless nights :frowning2:

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #255 of 311
Trying to convince a classmate to come with his DA06, WES and SR-009 lol. Hope he makes it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back