Melbourne, Australia meet - Any interest?
Nov 17, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #76 of 86
I haven't managed to upgrade my source yet...so it's the old Arcam 8 and possibly the Eastsound E5 behemoth as CDPs, plus whatever else comes out of the woodwork.

Perhaps the headbangers will need a separate listening area?
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 18, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #77 of 86
well the guzzler isn't going to make an appearance, I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it. Sorry guys

Nov 18, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #78 of 86
See you all tomorrow: do we need some sticky name tags?..I'll bring some from my work, makes it a little easier to remember who is who.

Gav

Nov 18, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #79 of 86
Im on my way over to ShadowFlay's now.

Everything I said would be coming is coming =D

Also im bringing a stack of music if anyone is on the lookout for something new
icon10.gif

and if anyone is interested in the Tushi, it is for sale.

Nov 18, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #80 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big G
Im keen for a comparo between my Portaphile v2^2 and the new flavour of the month Hornet of ShadowFlay. I believe they have similar signatures.

Enverxis did you have the RS-1's I thought I saw a thread a while ago with you and some newly aquired Rs-1.

?

A few Metal Heads at the meet, beware sissy boys..heheh

Those were MS-Pro's man. Not the RS-1. They will be at the meet, and they werent new either
smily_headphones1.gif
I was being reunited with them

Nov 18, 2005 at 7:10 AM Post #81 of 86
Im very curious to check on the MS-Pro. Cant wait to AB them with my MS1s :p

I wont be bringing much music on CD, just what i have laying around. Majority of my music will be stored as files on my iPod for playing through foobar on the laptop ill bring. I will have a plugpack powered guzler DAC too. It aint pretty at the moment (has the PSU half hanging out of it, but it plays music :p)

My PIMETA is still up for it, along with a couple of extra opamps for it. It is 99% done, just needs some case work done.

Dynalo is being finished off tonight/tomorow morning. No promises as to whether it will make it. But assuming PSU tests go fine tonight it should be there. It will still be in a VERY rough stage. (No volume knob or fancy heatstrink on the wires on the inside :p)

Rob.

[edit]: Is there anything else i need to bring? Anything else you need to help setup, Bosch? (Ill bring a power board or two aswell, seeing as i will need 4 plugs for my equiptment alone :p)

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #82 of 86
Can't think of anything else, Robzy. If in doubt, BYO I suppose. I have a couple of spare power boards since getting the two Cawsey Powerboxes. My main concern is (surprise surprise) getting the unit ready by 1:00pm!! I got home at midnight tonight, thus losing a couple of prep hours. Oh well.

Nov 18, 2005 at 2:16 PM Post #83 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosch
Can't think of anything else, Robzy. If in doubt, BYO I suppose. I have a couple of spare power boards since getting the two Cawsey Powerboxes. My main concern is (surprise surprise) getting the unit ready by 1:00pm!! I got home at midnight tonight, thus losing a couple of prep hours. Oh well.

Fair enough
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, Dynalo aint looking so hot right now. Something isnt right with it. Hopefully ill have it fixed within 12 hours :p

Rob.

Nov 18, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #84 of 86
Good lucky, robzy. I am back online, so set-up progress for the meet can't be that bad, ha-ha. I will be packing up this PC to make room on my office desk for gear, so this will be the last message.

Name tags....yeah if it's no trouble, bring them along since it's the first meet. We'll recognise Enverxis at least.
biggrin.gif
See yas soon!!!!

Nov 21, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #86 of 86
Visit the Meet impressions thread for write ups and pics.

=)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back