Meier Corda XXS vs iBasso T3 vs Xin Supermicro IV
Mar 31, 2010 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

davidvanderbilt

100+ Head-Fier
I am having a hard time deciding between the Meier Corda XXS (or headsix) ,iBasso T3, and Xin Supermicro IV. I am also open to any other suggestions anyone may have on a comparable amp. I was considering the ibasso D4 or D10 as well, but wanted an amp that could fit in my pocket with my ipod, so i figured these would be a little too big. I am a newbie at amplifiers and need some help! Thank you!

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 9
I had headsix before and now have p3+
I think they are not that different in size(headsix is a bit smaller). So if your thinking sizewise then I guess t3 will be the best choice.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #3 of 9
PS: get a p3. opamp rolling is the best thing ever..
hope this helps

Apr 1, 2010 at 9:41 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how can you get xin supermicro IV?

Only second hand and they don't pop up very often.

Another obvious choice for in pocket size would be the new Pico Slim whenever it ships

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 9
I've a T3D and T3 and got to say they are good, though the T3D with 100% channel accuracy is far funner to use, though not as powerful. There is a little hiss, but it drives iems so very well. I'd take it over the Xin for many reasons, mainly build quality and no worry of accidentally zooming the volume to 100%.

Apr 1, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #7 of 9
Cool, thanks for the info - how do you think the T3 and/or P3 compare to the D4 or D10, besides the DAC? Im guessing i cant just order the Xin Supermicro IV from their website eventhough it looks like i can and I can add it to my "cart"? When is the Pico Slim shipping date?

Apr 1, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 9
If you order from Xin (I did in 2006) you will get it now... in 2012 or 2013, maybe never. In 2006, it took 4 or 5 months, so forget about it.

The T3 is excellent. For IEM's, it has better drive than any combination of op-amps I've used in the P3+ (which I also own). The P3+ is a bit 'sweeter' sounding, but the resolution and size of the T3 is simply superb for its price. There is a little bit of hiss, but nothing devastating.

The D4 also isn't the best iem (balanced armature) amp even with the best of the best op-amp combos, but it sounds great. For portable use, I'd still take the tiny T3D over either, though it can be improved.

I have no idea when the Slim is shipping. Jason is hard at work (evidently), but pretty dark when it comes to that information. I have a feeling the Slim may just be that Duke Nukem which never came: the perfectest of portable amps. I've never seen an amp receive this much thought and revision before.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM Post #9 of 9
Shig, you find hiss on both the T3 and T3D or just the 'D'?

Is it true that the T3 sounds a bit better than the T3D?

How do you think the synergy would be with a Monster Turbine Pro MD, Copper, Gold?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back