Meier Corda Move details released
Aug 26, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #1,113 of 1,165
Hi All.
I get Move.
It bought it from a Japanese agency of Meier. (I'm Japanese)
It aesthetically likes the sound of MOVE.

It meets two troubles.
Eyes are that 006P battery becomes a loose connection one.
006P battery of Panasonic moves internally. It is not possible to fix.
It is the same also in the battery of the GP Co..

The second is a shake of the plug.
The plug shakes, and the noise has occurred.

When commuting due to these two troubles, it is not possible to carry.

Then, E-mail was put out to the Meier Co..
There was an answer from Mr. Meier.

According to Mr. Meier

The battery has the difference by the manufacturer in the size.
It is understood not to fix with MOVE well. It was recommended to correspond with the
spacer.

As for the shake of the plug, it was an answer that was not able to be agreed.
It is said that it is an individual difference though it is a shake
not seen in other PHA.

Other users (in Japan) are in the same trouble, too.
There is dissatisfaction in this quality of conformance though it likes sound
of MOVE.

Aug 26, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #1,114 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorotto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It meets two troubles.
Eyes are that 006P battery becomes a loose connection one.
006P battery of Panasonic moves internally. It is not possible to fix.
It is the same also in the battery of the GP Co..

Dr. Meier is very right about this. There's no real size standard for 9v batteries at all. Some are shorter and thicker, or longer and flatter, or, or, or.....

But this is pretty easy to fix. You just have to put something behind the backplate that will fix the battery to its place. I have to do this with my Hornet as well when using a certain brand of rechargables.
Isn't there even a strip of rubber that comes with the Move for that very purpose? (It might be the spacer you refered to...)

Quote:

The second is a shake of the plug.
The plug shakes, and the noise has occurred.

What do you mean by shake? Is it a loose plug?

Aug 26, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #1,115 of 1,165
Quote:

As for the shake of the plug, it was an answer that was not able to be agreed.
It is said that it is an individual difference though it is a shake
not seen in other PHA.

Other users (in Japan) are in the same trouble, too.
There is dissatisfaction in this quality of conformance though it likes sound
of MOVE.

A few others have mentioned these issues also...

Here are some of the biggest complaints about the move:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3190887&highlight=jack#post319088 7

Aug 26, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #1,116 of 1,165
thx manox2
It is animation and an understanding shake of.
I also want Mr. Meier to recognize the problem.

Aug 26, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #1,117 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by zaero69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be a bit idiot or slow because I still don't get what would be the best settings for a new pair of sennheiser HD595's with 50 ohms.

High Current (9 or 12 Volts) and Low gain (the jumper inside the amp) ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by koto-in /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High current, low gain. If you're going to use USB power, you don't need an ac adapter. Low current mode will extend battery life by reducing the power available to the headphones, but this might still be enough with the 595's to provide good sound quality at normal listening levels. See what your ears tell you...

I also have 595's and agree with the high current, low gain settings. I find quite a noticeable difference between USB power and either the 9V battery or a 12 V adapter. I found a RadioShack adapter that is regulated at 12 V (at least in my experiences).

Aug 27, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #1,118 of 1,165
>>rhymesgalore

Yes, very loose!
If the noise doesn't occur, it doesn't do to the problem.
The noise has occurred because the plug is loose.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #1,120 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpnz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question to all PK1 users: what gain and what current to be set on with a 9v battery for the best SQ?

Thanks!

High current. Your battery will drain faster but you'll have a better performing amplifier.

Gain is dependent on the efficiency of the headphones. HPs that are easy to drive (highly efficient) use low gain so you have more room to adjust the volume knob. High gain on high efficiency headphones causes the amp to deliver very loud sound at low volume settings.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #1,121 of 1,165
I run high gain high current with UM2's...small volume knob travel, but impeccable sound....

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #1,122 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNuS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How has everyone's experience been with noise on this unit. I am looking for a transportable Amp/DAC combo but searching the thread I've seen a few reports of hiss/hum and noise from hard drive movement. Is this present on all systems? Is there any way around it?

Like I posted before, I couldn't get rid of it except when I added an external powered USB hub. While feeding the Move from my desktop (or laptop) the hiss was too annoying.

But now it is gone and I'm pleased.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #1,123 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I see then. In that case, that problem should (and can) apply to any other USB DACs (since the issue comes from the USB port in use). Either unplugging & plugging back the USB cable or using a different USB port should fix that.

Cheers!

Nothing fixed it in my setups (pretty loaded Asus P5ND2-SLI sytem and HP laptop) except trying an external powered hub. Befored that I always got some hiss and noisy silence even in low gain mode. This was more obvious with the Mylar X3 and less intrusive with higher impedance headphones.

I do not know if that has anything to do with the Move's build quality but the issue disappeared when I used the hub. Now silence is pretty dark and flat as it should be.

I have also tried the Corda Move with a different Toshiba laptop and there was no hiss at all using the same headphones so this is probalby related to the source's DAC and USB power line.

Overall, despite the external hub need, the Move has been a great product. I'm happy with it.

Sep 1, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #1,124 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNuS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How has everyone's experience been with noise on this unit. I am looking for a transportable Amp/DAC combo but searching the thread I've seen a few reports of hiss/hum and noise from hard drive movement. Is this present on all systems? Is there any way around it?

I get zero hiss from my Apple Mini, HP pavilion dv8130, or IBM T41.

Sep 2, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #1,125 of 1,165
Yesterday I tried plugging the MOVE into my AV710 (black Alt. out) via the cable that came with the MOVE.

As of that moment, I was brought closer to the sound, the sound was cleaner, and there was even more impact.

Anyone with an internal sound card with some snot may wish to try this. To my admittedly inexperienced ears, I think the AV710's Wolfson WM8728 DAC (which I use as described in this thread) sounds better than the Texas Instruments PCM2704 in the MOVE.

Yup... it's a DAC off:

Wolfson WM8728
SNR: 106dB
Sample rates: 8kHz-192kHz
24-bit PCM
Data sheet source:
http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/uploads/.../en/WM8728.pdf

Texas Instruments PCM2704
SNR: 98dB
Sample rates: 32KHz, 44.1KHz, 48kHz
16-bit PCM
Data sheet source:
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...613/TI/PCM2704

I'm sure those aren't the only specifications that affect sound quality, but I don't know hardly enough about this technical stuff to comment any further (or even this far). I'd be interested to hear what other people think about the MOVE vs. their dedicated sound card's DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back