Meier Corda Move details released
Sep 4, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #1,127 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcn3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, a bit of a fan boy post . . .

i am REALLY diggin' my move !! i'm listening to diana krall right now and it's like she's singing just to me! her voice is so rich, layered, and seductive!

I don't see how this is possible, given that she sings only for me...
icon10.gif

Sep 4, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #1,128 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone tell me whether the Move aluminium surface scratches easily? I've started carrying it around in my coat pocket but I have concerns whether this may carry the risk of scratching them (and if so, I will revert back to the plastic-bodied Microshar -which won't hurt me as much if they get scratched-).

Cheers!

I have one scratch from grit on my desktop at work in 2.5 months. I'd imagine keys, etc would nick it or the faceplate. I put on the little rubber feet so there wouldn't be a repeat.

Sep 9, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #1,130 of 1,165
I just got mine. What a wonderful sounding amp (I'm used to the orginal Xin SuperMicro and a couple older Airheads).

So...has anyone found a replacement volume knob yet? Wow, I have big hands and the knob is shaped poorly and too close to the headphone cable to grasp well enough (as many have reported), as well as too slick. I realize Jan wanted it to be safe from accidental movement when it was in one's pocket but this is not working well. I can live with it, but assume a $1 knob replacement (ribbed, etc) is a simple solution.

Sep 22, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #1,132 of 1,165
I'm getting used to the volume knob; not a huge issue anymore, but if anyone finds a ribbed replacement I'd be there. The combo of my 4th G iMod and the Move is really really nice. I find that I have to run it high gain, though, for my Ety 4rs's and my Senn 580's. Oh well. It's been breaking in very nicely. Great job Dr Meier
lambda.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #1,133 of 1,165
i just heard that the ibasso d1 with the modifications sound a lil better than the move(the amp section).just curious have any of you guys done any modds on to the move which might end up making it sound divine lol.sky lab in case you see my post-incase you heard the prII with the blackgate nodds you you still rate it as equal to the move.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #1,134 of 1,165
My PRII was the normal version.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #1,135 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My PRII was the normal version.

Dont want to bother you but still very curious.did you rate the pocket reference and the move equal just on the basis of their sound or was it the customer service quality that jan provides which added on to the moves score.you see in a world where every thing good i mean very good comes with a catch the pr2 comes with a huge price tag,the xin with a huge waiting list but here the move is very affordable and right up there in all regards makes me keep wondering.

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #1,136 of 1,165
My rating was entirely based on sound. If I were to rate the PRII on customer service, it would have been last, not first!

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #1,137 of 1,165
The LaRocco PRII when it first came out had the AD8620 (if memory serves me right). Then they discovered that the AD744 sounded better at the risk of some noise w/ highly efficient IEM's. So the gain was reduced for those users at the time the AD8620 was replaced w/ the AD744.

The PR2 has always had the AD744 and it was redesigned to have an attenuator to help those who have IEM's. The attenuator is supposed to sound better than a gain switch or so the experts say.

Although IMO the Reference and the Supermicro IV sound better than the LaRocco PRII MkII all three could take a long time to arrive. Plus the respective vendors do not have very good communication skills. I personally would then go w/ an SR71 or if you are willing to roll op-amps the iBasso D1.

Skylab has my modded D1 and should provide some feedback in the next few days.
icon10.gif

Oct 2, 2007 at 10:17 AM Post #1,139 of 1,165
Hmm Thats somethin worth waiting for .Sky labs review on a modded amp..I guess I ve nenevr seen him review a modded (portbale) amp till date ,or maybe I just did not search well enough.

I am wondeirng the move at the price that Jan sells it I am sure He would not have included a lot of boutique parts so Has any one tired modifiying the move and see how it sounds.

***Why dont we have a review of just modified portable amps.I am sure U cant expect consitency as each persons modd might be diffrent but we will have a lot fo fun reading it ..AMps on steriods lol.

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:46 AM Post #1,140 of 1,165
I have not ever reviewed a modded portable amp until now. Mrarroyo graciously agreed to loan me his modded D1, so I can compare it to my stock one. That is what I will do this weekend.

But don't expect me to start op-amp rolling anytime soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back