Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 15, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #425 of 1,165
wow, i'm surprised so many ppl are jumping onto the Move bandwagon. i got mine a few days ago to replace my main rig (modded lite dac-ah>porta corda mkiii). i'm sad to say the Move dac is easily outclassed by my old dac-ah, but the amp is an improvement over the porta corda mkiii. overall, the Move dac/amp combo is a very slight downgrade, but a hell of a lot cheaper. it goes great with my dt990.

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #426 of 1,165
I'd love to see some picture of the Move compared with (say) a SR71 and a Tomahawk...

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #427 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still got the computer interference?

That is only an issue in high gain, high current mode. I’m using my Move in low gain, high current mode.

Since no one else is experiencing the same noise I’m wondering if my computer noise issue isn’t specific to my desktop computer. It’s not a spring chicken. I will soon try it on my laptop which is a little younger than my desktop. I’m hoping that will put the issue to bed for everyone.

OD

Jul 15, 2007 at 9:30 AM Post #428 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by onedigit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is only an issue in high gain, high current mode. I’m using my Move in low gain, high current mode.

Since no one else is experiencing the same noise I’m wondering if my computer noise issue isn’t specific to my desktop computer. It’s not a spring chicken. I will soon try it on my laptop which is a little younger than my desktop. I’m hoping that will put the issue to bed for everyone.

OD

OK, I’ve tried the Move on my laptop which has USB2 in high gain, high current and so far I can’t hear any computer noise. So I suspect the noise issue is related to the older USB1.1 on my desktop. I’m not certain that it’s a USB thingy or a general computer aged related problem but USBV1.1 seems to be the most obvious culprit.

Hope this helps

OD

Jul 15, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #429 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iced /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have also ordered a corda move it will be here next week. I am interested in buying a Goldring Dr150. Will it sound good with corda move? Skylab I think you have also tested your dr150s with your corda move. Can you write your impressions, will this combination sound good? Does dr150 benefit from an amplification?

The DR150 sounds great with the Move. Granted, my DR150's are recabled and woody modded, but at least with my pair, the Move amped them very nicely.

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #430 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by onedigit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I’ve tried the Move on my laptop which has USB2 in high gain, high current and so far I can’t hear any computer noise. So I suspect the noise issue is related to the older USB1.1 on my desktop. I’m not certain that it’s a USB thingy or a general computer aged related problem but USBV1.1 seems to be the most obvious culprit.
OD

I think the Texas Instruments chipset used in the Move supports USB1 so you shouldn't any advantage using a pc with a USB2 controller. But I'm not sure that will make a difference...

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #431 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The DR150 sounds great with the Move. Granted, my DR150's are recabled and woody modded, but at least with my pair, the Move amped them very nicely.

Thank you Skylab you are great!

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:27 PM Post #432 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by thislittlepiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, i'm surprised so many ppl are jumping onto the Move bandwagon. i got mine a few days ago to replace my main rig (modded lite dac-ah>porta corda mkiii). i'm sad to say the Move dac is easily outclassed by my old dac-ah, but the amp is an improvement over the porta corda mkiii. overall, the Move dac/amp combo is a very slight downgrade, but a hell of a lot cheaper. it goes great with my dt990.

Reality check--your dac-ah is HUGE. I don't see how you would seriously consider comparing it to something designed for portability size and power constraints.

Jul 15, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #433 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reality check--your dac-ah is HUGE. I don't see how you would seriously consider comparing it to something designed for portability size and power constraints.

Your dac is gigantic and cost more than the corda move. I doubt that the dac in the corda move is of higher quality than a dedicated home dac. The move is more for people with laptops (even desktops) or portables who like less clutter and portability without sacrificing much performance.

I have a laptop dedicated to music, videos, and games. I can't imagine having an external dac and external home amp dingalinging out of my laptop. Portability FTW.....

Jul 15, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #435 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a laptop dedicated to music, videos, and games. I can't imagine having an external dac and external home amp dingalinging out of my laptop. Portability FTW.....

That's very true. I don't think Jan intended to make MOVE's DAC target at dedicated home DAC. Also the cost will exceed USD.235 by a lot if using an external DAC + an amp for computer sources. I won't spend such high price only to improve SQ for travel needs. Of course, it's only my personal opinion.

Comparing to the sound card of my Laptop MOVE's DAC is a significant upgrade- at least "listenable" to me. I am glad what MOVE does for me- a very good portable DAC/amp combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back