Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 13, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #361 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shevlock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, how do I go about getting the right external power device for the amp... reading through the thread it seems rather complicated?

The barrel plug is not a standard size. Can you solder wires (2 to be precise)? If you can, order parts on a website, heat up he soldering iron and in 5 minutes you'll have a properly terminated power supply.

Jul 13, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #362 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to onedigit, the high gain and high current introduce static. Onedigit, can you see if the high gain, high current mode can drive the k701 sufficiently loud?

I think there is plenty of power in high gain mode for the K701’s. You can definitely do some damage.

I didn’t say static. I said I could hear some computer noise in high gain, high current mode (a slight buzzing sound when moving the mouse around). Does anyone else hear that? Can anyone recommend a solution?

OD

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #364 of 1,165
Quote:

I would rather not have to solder, but if it is the only way, I will find a way to do it... is there no other route to take?

If you don't want to solder then Radioshack might be your friend. Their "H" adaptaplug fits well with MOVE. If you want to buy a PS from them, ask the staff to measure the output voltage first (I think they are willing to...) because some of their 12V PS actually has a 13+ V output voltage, even it's marked "regulated".

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #366 of 1,165
Tried the USB dac. Note book recognizes it. However when playing music I get no sound out of the Move. What am i doing wrong? I'm running Windows XP.

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #367 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried the USB dac. Note book recognizes it. However when playing music I get no sound out of the Move. What am i doing wrong? I'm running Windows XP.

You probably need to restart the software so it recognizes the output hardware. What software did you use?

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #368 of 1,165
Quote:

I would rather not have to solder, but if it is the only way, I will find a way to do it... is there no other route to take?

Nobody has found a regulated 12v power supply that really is 12v with the proper sized barrel plug. Radioshack has adapters that have detachable ends, but the problem is people measure them and they aren't 12v.

You can buy one at Radioshack and try it out (and even measure the output with a multimeter if you have one). I'm not going to be the one to recommend it as a safe, 100% workable system and then have people ticked off because it damaged an amp. Nor am I going to spend any of my money to find out if it works. IMO, Archer parts and quality is an oxymoron.

Sooo, it's the best route I know of until someone finds a better supplier. I've got a solution that works for me, and I spent too much time looking for them to begin with to want to continue looking.
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #369 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You probably need to restart the software so it recognizes the output hardware. What software did you use?

Foobar2000. I did restart the SW. No luck. Same with Mediaplayer

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:28 PM Post #370 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Foobar2000. I did restart the SW. No luck. Same with Mediaplayer

In Preferences->Playback->output did you select your USB device as the output device?

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #371 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by zatara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Preferences->Playback->output did you select your USB device as the output device?

Yohoo, Yohoo, thanks got sound and a whole lot better SQ then from notebook.
580smile.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #372 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by qscq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does Move handle YUIN PK1s with USB or do they need more power to achieve "the best" SQ?

The Move will handle Yuin PK1's without a problem with USB power, but you may see some additional benefit up to 7.5 V input.

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #373 of 1,165
Koto-in..

Love your Avatar....
basshead.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #374 of 1,165
His solution is just awesome..! I can tell you that much..

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nobody has found a regulated 12v power supply that really is 12v with the proper sized barrel plug. Radioshack has adapters that have detachable ends, but the problem is people measure them and they aren't 12v.

You can buy one at Radioshack and try it out (and even measure the output with a multimeter if you have one). I'm not going to be the one to recommend it as a safe, 100% workable system and then have people ticked off because it damaged an amp. Nor am I going to spend any of my money to find out if it works. IMO, Archer parts and quality is an oxymoron.

Sooo, it's the best route I know of until someone finds a better supplier. I've got a solution that works for me, and I spent too much time looking for them to begin with to want to continue looking.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back