Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 12, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #331 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-gto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why? i've been thinknig of a portable dac for my laptop too.

but whats so bad about the headphonia USB dac?
blink.gif

Do a search of headphonia in this amp forum or check skylab's titanic review of portable headamps...and you'll find out...

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #332 of 1,165
One of you Move owners needs to start an impressions thread, comparing the Move to other portables and listing cans, source and music so those of us on the fence can get some more info!

Jul 13, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #333 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of you Move owners needs to start an impressions thread, comparing the Move to other portables and listing cans, source and music so those of us on the fence can get some more info!

I think skylab's review is really informative and honest, and so far I don't see too many (only one actually) MOVE owners have different opinions, so I'd say it's a good start from skylab's review. Also, it seems some people have their MOVE on the way...so more impression will come out within a few weeks.

Jul 13, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #334 of 1,165
I'd love to post impressions because that would mean mine had arrived... but not yet so. maybe tomorrow??

Jul 13, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #335 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think skylab's review is really informative and honest, and so far I don't see too many (only one actually) MOVE owners have different opinions, so I'd say it's a good start from skylab's review. Also, it seems some people have their MOVE on the way...so more impression will come out within a few weeks.

Skylabs reviews are all fantastic but synergies and tastes vary so it's always nice to read other impressions.

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #337 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry to ask this question (if it has already been answer). Can the corda move power the k701 to high vol and will it good synergy with the k701?

I had the same concerns as you and ElDanno koto-in and jcx were kind enough to give me their thoughts back on page 8 or 9 of this thread. Basically jcx said there is enough but not too much to spare.

I received my Move yesterday (8 days shipping from Germany to Ontario Canada) and I’m very happy with it. I’d say in high current, low gain mode running everything flat out it is just about loud enough with my K701’s. I’d prefer if I could run it at the halfway point and have some headroom but find I need to go all the way with it for adequate volume. In high gain I can back off the volume somewhat but I can also hear computer noise when mousing around the screen. Any suggestions on eliminating that are welcome. But if you can run it in high gain, high current mode there should be plenty to spare.

I’ve been listening to the Ultrasone demo CD, fantastic!
http://www.pointstone.com/steven/Audio/Ultrasone CD.rar

Someone was asking about “switching” power supplies. I’m using one now and it seems ok. I can’t hear any noise from it. I’ve tried it with a 9V battery vs. the switching ps and for me there is no perceivable problem with it. But I have a linear ps coming soon (same one as itsborken has from Jameco) so I will try that and see if it’s better or not.

Cheers,
OD

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #338 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylabs reviews are all fantastic but synergies and tastes vary so it's always nice to read other impressions.

I agree it's good to see more reviews coming up and I believe it will happen in the near future. Let's wait...
icon10.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #339 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by onedigit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I’ve tried it with a 9V battery vs. the switching ps and for me there is no perceivable problem with it. But I have a linear ps coming soon (same one as itsborken has from Jameco) so I will try that and see if it’s better or not.

Cheers,
OD

Perhaps I wasn't clear. I don't think there is an tell-tale difference between a switching and linear power supply. Rather, audio circuits, opamps, etc. should behave better with a constant power supply vs one that is being switched on/off very rapidly to keep the voltage at the designed level.

Look at any decent piece of audiophile equipment and it's going to have a linear power supply. What I'm saying is give the Move the same chance if the difference is a buck or two.

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #341 of 1,165
Quote:

Onedigit,
Would you recommend the corda move for the k701? Hows the bass on the k701 with the move? Synergy..... tell us.....I listen to my music loud, do you think the move have enough power to bust my ear drums on the k701? Any differences between battery and DC mode (SQ, volume, etc....)?
Thanks

I have no regrets. But keep in mind I was in the market for a low cost solution. I wanted portability and a DAC with USB. I think I ended up with great value. If I had deeper pockets who knows what I would buy.

I think the bass is very good. Synergy? Don’t really know what that means, the move may be a little underpowered for the K701’s if you like it loud. That would be the only drawback for me. Like I said I have my volume control all the way up most of the time on low gain mode. Maybe I should switch to high gain and live with a little computer noise? I will have to play a little.

I didn’t notice any difference in SQ or volume between 9V battery and 12V ps. Keep in mind though I’m probably not the most sophisticated listener yet.
For me I am really happy with my Move given what its intensions are – back yard listening with the laptop. This will probably lead to bigger and better hardware down the line which will be a challenge wifely speaking…

I hope this helps, let me know if I can clarify myself or if you have any more questions.

OD

Jul 13, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #342 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always trust my own ears first (and last) but it is also nice to hear other peoples experience with equipment. The USB feature was the main reason for deciding on the Corda Move, as I will be traveling a lot the next year with my new laptop as "workplace". And I will have to have good amplification for my beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, which I am considering turning into a Darth Beyer. I suppose the Corda Move will be a pleasant companion with a Darth Beyer?

There are suggestions, some from Dr. Meier:
(Factory default: High Current, Low Gain) - it is suitable in most ways if you use both 9V and 12VDC, mixing with IEM and 250 ohm headphones.

Low-Current, Low Gain - specifically only want to have long battery life under 9V with IEM mostly like in travel trips.

High Current, High Gain - this can covers nearly all kinds of IEM and headphones even those 600 ohm's.

Jul 13, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #343 of 1,165
Quote:

I am sorry to ask this question (if it has already been answer). Can the corda move power the k701 to high vol and will it good synergy with the k701?

I asked the same question to Jan a few days ago and he told me that the K701 was one of his reference headphones when building a new amp. So the answer is apparently yes
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #344 of 1,165
I'd like to share my direct experience for the using of switching DC adaptor (in case of you couldn't find linear one like me).

The point of concern is you should buy one with "Regulated" function. Based on my first bought of cheap swithcing adaptor that didn't state as "Regulated" Switching AC/DC adaptor. Then it caused some distortion in the sound more than enough to hear from the very low volume. Now I trashed it for a new one with "Regulated" function.

Beware and be careful on the selection of adaptor.

Have fun & Cheers,

Jul 13, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #345 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by iozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked the same question to Jan a few days ago and he told me that the K701 was one of his reference headphones when building a new amp. So the answer is apparently yes
smily_headphones1.gif

It is a powerful little devil!!

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back