Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 12, 2007 at 9:29 AM Post #316 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got shipping confirmation on a Corda Move. I will be using it with beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (80 ohms).

Does anyone know the best settings (gain/current) for this particular combination of amp/HP?

High current low gain will probably be the best setting for you.

Jul 12, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #317 of 1,165
icon10.gif
Just received my "Move" yesterday.
Dr. Jan sent by July 5 and reached me by July 11, real fast from there to Thailand.

Saw a number of postings related to 12v DC regulated Adaptor, can I use switching regulated AC/DC adpator with by adjusting to DC 12v (1000mA)

The model of adaptor that I bought is SMP-1000A
http://www.vanson.com.hk/details/vansonnel2020a.html

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #319 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy8269 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw a number of postings related to 12v DC regulated Adaptor, can I use switching regulated AC/DC adpator with by adjusting to DC 12v (1000mA)

Dr Meier recommends running between 100 and 500 mA as at higher levels the regulation doesn't work quite so well on low current apps like this. Not being an EE, I take him at his word and buy accordingly.

I agree linear is better than switching.

Jul 12, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #320 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dr Meier recommends running between 100 and 500 mA as at higher levels the regulation doesn't work quite so well on low current apps like this. Not being an EE, I take him at his word and buy accordingly.

I agree linear is better than switching.

Thanks for your advice. How about step down to 9v? Do you think it's safe?

However, I'll try to find one around here if it comes with the right plug.

Jul 12, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #321 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy8269 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your advice. How about step down to 9v? Do you think it's safe?

However, I'll try to find one around here if it comes with the right plug.

I believe the docs say between 6 and 12 volts are safe. I think you want to be a few volts higher than 9v though as the amp picks its power source based on what is putting out the most voltage. Put a battery in and hook it to USB power, it uses the battery (high current mode). A battery and 12v will use the external power. A battery and 9v will be a tossup and you may be draining the battery inadvertantly.

Jul 12, 2007 at 3:30 PM Post #322 of 1,165
Quote:

I just got shipping confirmation on a Corda Move. I will be using it with beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (80 ohms).

Does anyone know the best settings (gain/current) for this particular combination of amp/HP?

Welcome to this party.
600smile.gif

There is no "the best setting", all subject to your favorite and setup. Don't ask, try it yourself, the most interesting part to find out the best option specific for yourself, isn't it
cool.gif
?

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #323 of 1,165
Mine has been send 2 days ago. As I'm in the Netherlands and Jan in Germany (btw he is Dutch as well) I expect this amp to arrive tommorow. Yohoo!!

The Hornet has a 12V adaptor as well. Does this adapter will fit the Move?

Anyone?

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #324 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT880, same as other Beyer cans, synergize perfectly with all CORDA amps. Sounds from HD650 got improved, but not as good as Beyer's DT. However, I found that you should try the Shure E500 IEM if you have or plan to buy it, you should find that the E500 never sound so good before.
580smile.gif

Haha.

I have ER4p's and a superfi 5 pro, not really thinking about any other IEM for the moment (I don't take particularly good care of my IEMs, don't want to be forced by price to do it).

Sounds like the Move + DT 880 might be an interesting source+amp+headphone combo! (i've heard the DT 880 and was impressed).

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #325 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine has been send 2 days ago. As I'm in the Netherlands and Jan in Germany (btw he is Dutch as well) I expect this amp to arrive tommorow. Yohoo!!

Anyone?

The cord plug for move is 1.3mm/3.8mm ID/OD. You might want to do a quick measurement first.

BTW, I noticed your ID here...and I guess Der Fliegende Hollander might fit better?
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #326 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone?

Unfortunately, no. Wrong tip.

Jul 12, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #327 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to this party.
600smile.gif

There is no "the best setting", all subject to your favorite and setup. Don't ask, try it yourself, the most interesting part to find out the best option specific for yourself, isn't it
cool.gif
?

Thanks, I'm very much looking forward to hear the Corda Move "in action".

I always trust my own ears first (and last) but it is also nice to hear other peoples experience with equipment. The USB feature was the main reason for deciding on the Corda Move, as I will be traveling a lot the next year with my new laptop as "workplace". And I will have to have good amplification for my beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO, which I am considering turning into a Darth Beyer. I suppose the Corda Move will be a pleasant companion with a Darth Beyer?

I have to confess: I was tempted to purchase the new Headphonia USB portable, but got this bad taste in my mouth every time I thought about it. That feeling has now gone away...

Jul 12, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #328 of 1,165
Quote:

I have to confess: I was tempted to purchase the new Headphonia USB portable, but got this bad taste in my mouth every time I thought about it. That feeling has now gone away...

I know that taste, and I'm grateful the Move has arrived as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #330 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that taste, and I'm grateful the Move has arrived as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

why? i've been thinknig of a portable dac for my laptop too.

but whats so bad about the headphonia USB dac?
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back