Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 11, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #301 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by yome6969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want Corda Move without USB under $200 service.
icon10.gif

I guess HEADSIX will be more suitable for you, then.

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #302 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me the MOVE works very well the AKG K501. Warm sounding from the MOVE perfectly mates silky mids from the K501- Oh...I need to find a way to take the K501 off my head....
wink.gif

dumb question, but i'm getting my emails to meier bounced as i try to purchase a "move" - ideas? what"s the wait time (u.s.)?

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #304 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dumb question, but i'm getting my emails to meier bounced as i try to purchase a "move" - ideas? what"s the wait time (u.s.)?

From my experience Jan usually replied my emails within 24 hours. Try to send him another email, and I believe he will reply.

As for the shipping time the website says it's about 10-14 days. Two years ago My Prehead took exactly two weeks, but this time it only took 5 days to receive the MOVE.

BTW, welcome to the club!
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #305 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From my experience Jan usually replied my emails within 24 hours. Try to send him another email, and I believe he will reply.

As for the shipping time the website says it's about 10-14 days. Two years ago My Prehead took exactly two weeks, but this time it only took 5 days to receive the MOVE.

BTW, welcome to the club!
wink.gif

thanks, folks - just found it on todd the vinyl junkie's site, so hoping it's not a longer wait than 14 days. really looking forward to it - have found myself running back and forth to china from eastern u.s. and i find there's no cure for homesickness like some good music served up in audiophile style. Vinnie Rossi's Imod is on the way, too! Christmas in July!!

Jul 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #306 of 1,165
Todd the vinyl junkie is out of stock right now, but said he'll receive more thise week. I ordered mine this yesterday during the morning... Can't wait for his restock and shipping. I love my Porta Corda III.. but the bug bit me.

Jul 12, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #308 of 1,165
I live on the east coast, so I'm curious on if the time will actually be 10 days, or more like 5 since it doesn't have to travel accross the USA....

I'm so anxious.....I can't wait.

Jul 12, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #309 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by xand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone let me know which of the following list of headphones synergize well with the move?

Beyer DT880
Senn HD580/600/650
MS Pro

DT880, same as other Beyer cans, synergize perfectly with all CORDA amps. Sounds from HD650 got improved, but not as good as Beyer's DT. However, I found that you should try the Shure E500 IEM if you have or plan to buy it, you should find that the E500 never sound so good before.
580smile.gif

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #310 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live on the east coast, so I'm curious on if the time will actually be 10 days, or more like 5 since it doesn't have to travel accross the USA....

Just make sure you report back on that bass!
basshead.gif
If it is what I've read I may need one!

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #311 of 1,165
I currently have a Meier Headfive that I'm enjoying, but I need a more portable setup now and the Meier Move looks like the best choice. I'm just curious, for those that have heard both the Headfive and the Move, what are the similarities /differences between the two?

Jul 12, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #312 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same here man...

He shipped mine in on wed morning. Can't wait!!

Jul 12, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #313 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossfeed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

This is my first post here.

I received my Move yesterday.
280smile.gif
It looks so good and is so small! It's burning in now, but it sounds really great already.

I'm using a Mascot 12V 300mA power supply (230 Vac 50 Hz) that I bought at Elfa. Stock number is: 69-803-87. The power supply doesn't come with a connector for the Move. Connectors are sold separately and the 3.8/1.35 mm with stock number 69-805-28 fits perfectly. The power supply is stabilised and I measured the output to 12.00V out of the box and 11.97V after half an hour connected to Move.

Move works fine with my Linux computer. I'm running Gentoo Linux, but it should work with any Linux installation that has the general usb audio driver and alsa. I'm happy to help with Linux issues.

thanks so much for this, except it would cost me 45,00 euro to get it shipped...Big bummer

Jul 12, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #314 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks so much for this, except it would cost me 45,00 euro to get it shipped...Big bummer

Search Mouser or elsewhere for a 12V Elpac regulated power supply. The Mascot won't work in the US anyway.

Jul 12, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #315 of 1,165
I just got shipping confirmation on a Corda Move. I will be using it with beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (80 ohms).

Does anyone know the best settings (gain/current) for this particular combination of amp/HP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back