Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 28, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #706 of 1,165
I received the Radio Shack AC adapter that has been mentioned. It arrived w/o
the H Adapter. If you order it online it does not ship w/ the H Adapter but I was told to go into any Radio Shack and they will give it to you at no charge. I was a bit incredulous at this but believe it or not, they handed one to me at my local shop for free and the good news is the AC adapter works perfectly with the Move.

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #707 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by dw6928 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received the Radio Shack AC adapter that has been mentioned. It arrived w/o
the H Adapter. If you order it online it does not ship w/ the H Adapter but I was told to go into any Radio Shack and they will give it to you at no charge. I was a bit incredulous at this but believe it or not, they handed one to me at my local shop for free and the good news is the AC adapter works perfectly with the Move.

Do you notice a difference vs the battery or usb?

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #708 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by beowulf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
b) Try an external powered USB hub (wont' this amplify noise already present in the USB bus?)

Nope, the problem with your USB is in the power supply section; an externally powered hub will bypass that entirely and use whatever supply it comes with instead. What you want ideally is to avoid a switching power supply and get a linear regulated one instead-- older technology but much better for audio.

Jul 28, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #710 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone who has USB noise needs to either get a new power supply and motherboard or get a usb hub. The end.

Sounds good. Can we rename it the "Corda Stationary"?

lambda.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #711 of 1,165
Oh my goodness. My Move just arrived this morning. I've been listening almost nonstop. I'm pretty new to the whole audiophile scene, but I have pretty good ears. I can definitely notice a difference in the sound quality. usb-->DAC/amp (12 volt power supply)-->HD650 (stock cables). It's so smooth, and I'm hearing so many details in my music that I didn't before. The bass is a pleasure to listen to as well.

I only have one question. Is getting upgraded cables really worth it? I'm just a college student who received these HD650's as a gift (never had good headphones prior).
blink.gif
And spending more on amp that cost than my Klipsch Promedia 2.1's seemed kind of a splurge, which I considered to be pretty good before. I'm trying to convince myself that the stock cables are very sufficient, and spending $200 on a 10 ft long cable isn't justified by a mere increase in "sparkliness" at the highs. Any thoughts, guys?
600smile.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #712 of 1,165
rofl. I'm in the exact same position as you tennisplyr3. New to the audiophile scene. Also a student who just put an order for the move+650 (12v supply) and definitely hoping like you are that I can get away with the stock cables. I'm waiting on my package to arrive and can't wait, especially after hearing your comments about the combo. Makes me feel better after plopping down a lot of cash for me right now.

Jul 28, 2007 at 8:42 AM Post #713 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone who has USB noise needs to either get a new power supply and motherboard or get a usb hub. The end.

Well, almost the end. Now we need to reach a consensus on which USB hubs are best (e.g. which ones have linear regulated power supplies)...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #715 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, almost the end. Now we need to reach a consensus on which USB hubs are best (e.g. which ones have linear regulated power supplies)...
smily_headphones1.gif

I would just get a multi-port usb splitter with a power jack for optional external supploy, and then buy a standard regulated supply that fits the jack. Shouldn't cost more than $30 all told, $40 if you want to get an expensive brick with very clean power like an Elpac. And then your noisy USB jack will be quieter than any stock one you've heard.

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:30 AM Post #716 of 1,165
I'm glad I'm not having issues with my old dell pc or new x60 notebook.

Jul 28, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #717 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would just get a multi-port usb splitter with a power jack for optional external supploy, and then buy a standard regulated supply that fits the jack. Shouldn't cost more than $30 all told, $40 if you want to get an expensive brick with very clean power like an Elpac. And then your noisy USB jack will be quieter than any stock one you've heard.

Hm, wouldn't it be better with an usb hub that requires external power supply than just optional? Then the hub should hopefully be good at "isolating" the computer from Move.

I bought a Hama USB 2.0 Hub (078492) at a local store for about 30 euros. You can probably get it cheaper, but I didn't want to wait. I don't know if the power supply is linear or not, but the usb output is completely free from noise so it works well anyway.

Jul 28, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #719 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds good. Can we rename it the "Corda Stationary"?

lambda.gif

Good one. My sure will be until I change laptops...
smily_headphones1.gif
Not going to drag another usb+power and amp around .
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #720 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by sousyu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can Corda Move powerfully sound HD580?

I'm using HD650's, which have the same impedance as the HD580's. I keep my volume knob in the 9 o'clock position (starts from the 7 o'clock position), which turns it -- what... 60 degrees? I keep the wave-out volume on the computer control at maybe 75%, and I find it quite sufficiently loud. It drives it, to quote others, "quite effortlessly." Of course, I never bought a 9 volt battery to put in it. I'm using the 12 volt dc power supply that I got from RadioShack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back