Meier Corda Move details released
Jul 3, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #181 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The MOVE sounds most like the Opera.

You are dead on, the Move is a lot closer to the Opera than the MkIII. Not that the MkIII is shabby; it really works well the HD650s/silver dragons.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:14 AM Post #182 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the explanation. It comewhat confirmed my hypothesis: Jan slightly tweaked the sound signature of his new family of products. At first I was surprised about MOVE's sound signature compared to my Prehead, and now I think I probably like the "new Meier sound" better.

Yes, the new Meier's sound is clear and gorgeous, which only usually find in premium audiophile products. Can't imagine we can enjoy it with just less than US$2000. The new Meier sound likes the warmth edition of Mark Levinson amp exactly.

Jul 3, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #183 of 1,165
The move sounds like a really nice amp, it would be interesting to see how a burnt in move competes against the Tomahawk or Hornet
biggrin.gif
(anyone up for a review? :p)

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #184 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The move sounds like a really nice amp, it would be interesting to see how a burnt in move competes against the Tomahawk or Hornet
biggrin.gif
(anyone up for a review? :p)

Skylab has his hands on a Move, is burning it in, and it will soon be added to his excellent analysis of 20 or so portable amps (both the Tomahawk and Hornet are in there).

If you haven't reviewed it yet, you should; it's a great read.

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #186 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab has his hands on a Move, is burning it in, and it will soon be added to his excellent analysis of 20 or so portable amps (both the Tomahawk and Hornet are in there).

Yup! I am really looking forward to Skylab's review.
icon10.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #187 of 1,165
Quote:

If you haven't reviewed it yet, you should; it's a great read.

sweet!!
biggrin.gif
I can't wait for the review
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #188 of 1,165
Soon, I promise
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #190 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by nautikal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone comment on the difference with using a 12v external supply (as opposed to usb/battery).

You get a litle more power into the amp (18v from a doubled 9v or 24v from the 12v external) and the power gives the amp a little more boost to do its work. It should allow you to hit a fixed dB level with a little less turn of a volume knob, so a little less distortion at that setting theoretically.

Then there's the normal don't throw away batteries, save the environment, transformer more cost effective than batteries, or more frequent recharges on rechargable batteries, etc. benefits. If you are going to use one at a desk (at work or home if its your home amp too) I think it's the way to go.

Jul 3, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #191 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought you can supply 28V IF it's REGULATED? and half of that if it's not a regulated power supply?

There is a voltage doubler circuit implanted in the MOVE so if you use a 28V PS it will go up to 56V.

Jul 3, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #192 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by klemchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a voltage doubler circuit implanted in the MOVE so if you use a 28V PS it will go up to 56V.

NOOOOOOO If you tried that you will throw away $235 by trashing your new Move!

Move can only handle a 12vdc regulated power supply! You will trash your Move if you use something higher. The components cannot handle doubling the voltage. Its all in the manual.

The previous amp Porta Corda MkIII didn't have the voltage doubler so the circuits could handle 28vdc regulated.

EDIT sorry kemchang, I see you got to this already.

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #193 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by ManAtWork /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the new Meier's sound is clear and gorgeous, which only usually find in premium audiophile products. Can't imagine we can enjoy it with just less than US$2000. The new Meier sound likes the warmth edition of Mark Levinson amp exactly.

Same sound sig like Mark Levinson amps? If that's so, I don't need to wait for the Cantate. If the Move is close to the Opera, that settles it for me coz' I really need to save some money right now.

Jul 3, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #194 of 1,165
Quote:

NOOOOOOO If you tried that you will throw away $235 by trashing your new Move!

Move can only handle a 12vdc regulated power supply! You will trash your Move if you use something higher. The components cannot handle doubling the voltage. Its all in the manual.

The previous amp Porta Corda MkIII didn't have the voltage doubler so the circuits could handle 28vdc regulated.

EDIT sorry kemchang, I see you got to this already.

No problem PAL! It's a good reminder for all new "MOVERS" !!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #195 of 1,165
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamprologus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same sound sig like Mark Levinson amps? If that's so, I don't need to wait for the Cantate. If the Move is close to the Opera, that settles it for me coz' I really need to save some money right now.

The statement just to describe the sonic signature, but there are differences between models. It doesn't mean the sound quality is same as ML, only Meier's product sounds like ML and have ML's characteristics. The feeling is significant when you hear the Corda Opera at first time with Beyer's. While Corda Move is difference, you may not feel it when using IEM, but will notice this sonic signature when plug a big Beyer's can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back