Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Group Buys (One for U.S., One for Europe)
Dec 18, 2004 at 9:22 PM Post #361 of 470
where is jude anyway? i want my amp!! or at least i want some reply..
cmon u guys that have your amps...tell us everything...tell us stories..of the sound conquering the space btween ur ears...
I WANT MY AMP......
etysmile.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 3:19 AM Post #363 of 470
CA/1

I'll go set up a paypal and pay later tonight

Edit: just payed
So do you get all the info you need of the paypal?
or do I have to do something else other than sit and wait for sonic goodness to arrive at my door?

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:28 AM Post #364 of 470
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheraw
Whats the difference with a gold plated super high quality to a silver one, a contact is a contact ? :p Also, would you think i need the 120ohm adapter with hd555's ?

I'll just quote Jan Meier on the first question:
"Gold plated contacts: No, gold doesn't sound better than bare copper, but it does prevent cracks and drop-outs due to oxidized contacts."
Also, a good quality and shorter cable with good quality plugs will improve sound quality a bit.
And no, I don't think you need a 120 Ohm adaptor with your hd555s
smily_headphones1.gif

-Taurui

Dec 19, 2004 at 5:37 PM Post #366 of 470
Can anyone recommend me a good regulated power supply that is compatible to this amp? BTW, I live in US.

As I understand the higher the output voltage the better as long as it is less than 28 V DC.

Also, does NiMH battery really make the difference in sound quality? To be honest, I am not sure if I want to spend $40 for the battery and its charger.

While waiting for the amp patiently,
cool.gif
, I would like to purchase all of the accessories. Links to a good website that offers a reasonable price would be highly appreciated.

Dec 19, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #370 of 470
Quote:

Originally Posted by AboveBeyond
Maybe someone can email Jan if he has any recommendations for inexpensive power supplies for the MKII?

Why don't you? You're a valuable customer, and Jan's email is public on his web site
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #372 of 470
Taurui, when did u order your amp...?
i am worrying a bit..no reply and all...
rolleyes.gif

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:07 AM Post #374 of 470
Hi all. While I'm waiting patiently for the Corda to arrive (Patiently he sez!
icon10.gif
)and since the power supply option seems to be a hot topic in this thread I was wondering if someone who has knowledge of PS's would check the specs on this Sola 83 series in the attached link and tell me if its worth using.
http://www.sola-hevi-duty.com/produc...plies/8183.htm

I managed to snag an older used unit (83-24-260-2) but the specs should be real close or the same. I put a meter on it and got a steady 24.1vdc output so I'm hoping its in good shape. I read further back in the thread that we should try to avoid switching supplies and this model is linear so I guess I'm on the right track.
TIA for any and all sugggestions.
Eric

Dec 20, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #375 of 470
EU/1 - paid a couple of minutes ago.

Jude, Jan, PeterR, and everyone else who helped at this, my sincere thanks.

Jude, could you post a new message to this thread each time the list is updated so we can check? Cause if I'm not mistaken, new posts trigger emails to those subscribed, while revised posts don't; a simple "list updated" message would be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back