Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Group Buys (One for U.S., One for Europe)
Dec 12, 2004 at 12:26 AM Post #241 of 470
im in the same boat as you taurui
plainface.gif

so that means that europeans that arent in the list yet have to wait for the next batch!? when will this be?
hope to get it before christmas, something tells me that santa will drop an ipod for me this year
rolleyes.gif

Dec 12, 2004 at 8:58 AM Post #244 of 470
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterR
Just wanted to let you guys know the first European batch of 18 amps has arrived at my place in the meantime. I'm going to start packing them up tomorrow and if all goes well I'll ship them next week.
I must say I'm quite impressed, that's one sweet little amp. Hmm, anybody down for a Prehead groupbuy?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wow, for a second there, I really wished I lived in Europe.

:: ducking and running::

Dec 12, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #245 of 470
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterR
Just wanted to let you guys know the first European batch of 18 amps has arrived at my place in the meantime. I'm going to start packing them up tomorrow and if all goes well I'll ship them next week.
I must say I'm quite impressed, that's one sweet little amp.

I think you just saved my day, it's nice to see some good news for a change
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #248 of 470
Completely off-topic, but I was wondering, when using the amp at home, if my powersuppy for logitech wingman racing wheel would work :p
It says "input 200-240V ~0.25A 50-60HZ, output 24V --- 0.75A" and "for I.T.E use only" and the connector looks just like the one in the manual. The reason im asking this that reading from the porta corda manual "the higher the voltage the better the sound" and this has 24V output, most powersupplies ive looked at have max 12V.

(Please note that I have little knowledge of electronics
plainface.gif
)

Dec 12, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #249 of 470
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheraw
Completely off-topic, but I was wondering, when using the amp at home, if my powersuppy for logitech wingman racing wheel would work :p
It says "input 200-240V ~0.25A 50-60HZ, output 24V --- 0.75A" and "for I.T.E use only" and the connector looks just like the one in the manual. The reason im asking this that reading from the porta corda manual "the higher the voltage the better the sound" and this has 24V output, most powersupplies ive looked at have max 12V.

(Please note that I have little knowledge of electronics
plainface.gif
)

This should be fine if the polarity of the plug matches. Be absolutely sure before you plug it in for the first time.

The Porta Corda draws up to 10mA (.01 Amps if I did the math right) and can take a maximum of 28V input. Measure it if you can to be sure of the output voltage.

Dec 13, 2004 at 4:07 AM Post #252 of 470
Canadian PayPal button is up and there are a couple of people already on the list.

Here's the link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back