Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Followup!
Jan 23, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #151 of 242
Here I am, snowed in with plenty of time on my hands and no Porta C to keep me company!
frown.gif

Jan 24, 2005 at 9:42 AM Post #152 of 242
My Porta Corda arrived in the UK on Saturday. I'm really loving the crossfeed which seems to pull the music inside your head.

It's a shame the supplied interconnect is a couple of inches too short to get from the pocketdock line out on the ipod mini to the porta's line in! Seems like I'm going to have to get a longer interconnect preferably with right-angle plugs, any suggestions for something not too expensive?

Thanks Jan, Jude, and Peter

Jan 24, 2005 at 7:24 PM Post #157 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hmaxim
OK..thanks for the update.. I guess the snow hit you too?

Yeah, we got hit with the snow pretty good, but that isn't why. I was at the office until almost 2:00 a.m. on Friday due to a work emergency, and then the weekend just ended up being booked solid.

I love the snow, though.

Jan 24, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #158 of 242
My PCII arrived today - thanks to all you guys involved.

It is my first amp and I connected it to my HD580s (9V battery, class A mode). It was not as overwhelming as I expected it to be from reading about headphone amps here on this forum. But I can definitely hear a difference.

Jan 25, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #160 of 242
Got it yesterday, didn't even listen without turning it to Class A mode.
Very good first impressions with my DT531 - tighter bass, better dynamics and clarity.
Power supply ... ehhhhhhhh.....

510037_LB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

(24 V version)

Is this overkill? It better be, it's not cheap
biggrin.gif

-Taurui

Jan 25, 2005 at 10:32 AM Post #161 of 242
That PSU is not exactly portable .. but it will work just fine. The PC does not require 4 - 6 amps either, so you could get away with a much smaller PSU, as long as it is well regulated. The 24 volts is nice though!

Jan 25, 2005 at 1:40 PM Post #162 of 242
Walwarts use a method to minimize the size by cutting the current with some sort of frequency (That's prolly a very bad explanation
wink.gif
) that you can hear with sensitive audio equipment. Powersupplies like the one I'll get don't have that problem, the output is more stable and "pure" of other frequencies.
So ... yes, it's stationary, pretty much. But the best choice. And not THAT expensive
smily_headphones1.gif

-Taurui

Jan 25, 2005 at 1:55 PM Post #163 of 242
In the previous thread regarding the Porta Corda Group Buy ( before it was closed )..we had a discussion going about power supplies. You might want to go and check it out before we are forced to rehash the whole thing again. There was plenty of info there.

Jan 25, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #165 of 242
Taurui: You might want to check www.pollin.de for the product "Steckernetzteil D48240600A030G" (24V/0.6A) - seems worth a try to me for 2 Euro...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: There's no problem with wall-wart type power-supplies in general, just with the switching (instead of linear) regulated ones that aren't designed for audio purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back