Meier Audio Porta Corda MkII Followup!
Jan 29, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #182 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghart999
Anyone from the US receive their shipment from the batch sent out by Jude this week? The waiting is killing me....
confused.gif

Not yet in Arizona!

Jan 29, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #185 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crack_Shot
Has anyone recieved a tracking number for their shipment? Seems like doing something like that would've had the whole thing go through smoother, eh?

USPS insured. No tracking numbers. Smoother? It went fine, and you'll get your amp.

Jan 29, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #186 of 242
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
USPS insured. No tracking numbers. Smoother? It went fine, and you'll get your amp.

Ahh, good to know. I did not recieve it today, so I'm hoping for it early next week.
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #191 of 242
Mine arrived Friday. I'm in upstate NY. I didn't see it till late sunday evening because I was not here. Thanks Jude and Jan for arranging this group buy.
Last night I soldered on the provided plug to my Elpac wm080-1950 power supply. Plugged it all in and it seems to work fine. Haven't had a chance to
really listen to it carefully, and not sure when I will. I tried a couple of quick comparisons and found that volume matching is not trivial when having to switch headphone plugs around. First impression, this little thing when provided with 24v power can drive my senn hd650 to defeaning volumes - got be be carefull of that. It seems to be a little bass shy, or maybe it just opens up the rest of the sound so it sounds that way. Right now I'm listening to it connected to the line out of my m-audio audiophile firewire, and comparing it to the built in headphone amp of the same device (using apple lossless or 320kbs mp3 from my computer). Later I'll try driving it from the headphone out of the m-audio since that would be preferable to me if the sound quaility does not suffer.
I'll probably open it up and switch to class-a mode then let it run by itself while I'm at work today.
Yes I know the PCII was not really intended as a home amp, but that is the way I'll be using it most of time for now. This is my first foray into dedicated headphone amp, and I was curious about crossfeed, so this seemed like a relatively cheap way to get started...

Jan 31, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #193 of 242
Hmaxim,
I woudn't start worrying yet. USPS can take 5-10 days to deliver a package.
You'll likely see it in the next day or two or three. It was sent insured, signature
required for delivery. I don't think the usps will even consider starting a
search or insurance claim until at least 14 days after shipping date. So you
might as well try to relax until then.

Jan 31, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #194 of 242
I hope you are right !..seems to me that if NY, Arizona, and CA got thiers..l I am not on the moon! It should be here by now.
I wish I had a tracking number, then I would not care if it took 2 weeks, as long as I know what the heck is going on.

Jan 31, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #195 of 242
Got mine today! It was on my desk this morning, so it probably came Saturday. Of course, thanks to Jan and Jude. Jude, I don't know how you do it. I gather from many of your posts that you are constantly on the go, have a new baby and still find time to keep an eye on this site. On top of all that you tackle a group buy.
icon10.gif
THANKS!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back