MEIER AUDIO CORDA HEADFIVE: Impressions and reviews thread
May 22, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #425 of 430
I wonder What is this switch  between volume knob and headphone input for? Does anyone know specs for this amp?Does anyone had a problem with reverse coloring on inputs(red left channel,white right channel)?Is this manufacturing mistake?

Aug 30, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #426 of 430
Making a bit of a comeback to the headphone stuff and dug out my old amps (H5 and iBasso D2 Boa). I also bought a DM100 DAC to connect the H5 into the PC.

I did a bit of a shootout between the options and the one thing that was clear was that both beat the PC headphone amp by a mile (shocker, I know). However, finding a clear winner between the two turned out to be a bit more difficult task.

The Headfive added quite a bit of accuracy to the treble and probably therefore added some clarity to the sound. On the other hand the bass on the D2 was much tighter than on H5. This bass difference was a bit of a shocker and almost opposite to what I expected.

Now I would like to find an amp with the clarity of the H5 treble and tightness and extension of some other amp (D2 seemed to lack a bit in quantity). Any suggestions?

May 15, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #428 of 430
Time to necro this thread: I found my headfive a while back and sent it to Jan so he could fix it, the amp was dead :frowning2:
Just received it back and man, this is still quite a nice amp after all these years! The hardware crossfeed is a welcome addition for late night listening. I'm happy to have this 14 year old amp working again!

May 17, 2020 at 3:52 AM Post #429 of 430
Time to necro this thread: I found my headfive a while back and sent it to Jan so he could fix it, the amp was dead :frowning2:
Just received it back and man, this is still quite a nice amp after all these years! The hardware crossfeed is a welcome addition for late night listening. I'm happy to have this 14 year old amp working again!

Still have my Headfive, but haven't used it for a long time. I should dig it out with my 2MOVE and play with them again someday, along with my Pico DAC and Pico Slim amp, or my RSA F-35 Lightning Amp (my SR-71b balanced amp disappeared from my home a few years ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back