Meier-Audio CORDA Aria
Oct 16, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #16 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ
Although I've always had a weakness for the classic, understated Corda design -- especially in the HA-2 --, I like the new design quite a bit.

aria240.jpg

peacesign.gif

Yeah that thing would pair very nicely with an Eastsound or a Shanling for sure! For looks alone!

Oct 16, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #17 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
Boy, ugly box!. It looks like a cheap chinese prête-à-porter amp!. I liked much better the old corda boxes. Have you seen the new DHA-3000 in akwok's post?. Now, that's an amp!!. Of course, for that kind of money, it should be....

What do you mean cheap Chinese AMP? I bet you wouldn't survive for a week if you throw everything made in China from your house.

Oct 16, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #18 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
Your informal review for us is pending, isn' it true?

The sound is still top secret. Just so much: It's absolutely on EMP level -- and this although my EMP has never sounded so good as it sounds now, with optimized tube configuration. So actually I currently have two favored amps: Aria prototype and EMP. Anyway, you'll be surprised about the price of the Aria -- and this with a built-in DAC!
eek.gif

peacesign.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #19 of 235
Now, we may have a killer combo here!!. If just the case were nicer....but you can't have it all, and they cannot satisfy everyone...

Bythe way, what's EMP?

Regards.

Oct 16, 2005 at 10:03 PM Post #20 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
...what's EMP?

Brocksieper Earmax Pro.

earmax_ozean1_150x135.gif

peacesign.gif

Oct 16, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #21 of 235
WOW, that thing is nice looking! I love my HA-2, but that Aria sure is purty...wonder where it will fit sonically in Meier's line.

Oct 17, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #22 of 235
I've heard the prototype more than a few times and it sounds very, very good. I think that's all I'm allowed to say at the moment.
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:43 AM Post #23 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
I've heard the prototype more than a few times and it sounds very, very good. I think that's all I'm allowed to say at the moment.
wink.gif

Damn you! Stop teasing us!
mad.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #24 of 235
Hmm there is another Jubilee gamble starting up, I wonder if Meier is going to introduce another new model in this style once the gamble ends for the HA2Mk2SE

Oct 17, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #25 of 235
Quote:

The sound is still top secret. Just so much: It's absolutely on EMP level -- and this although my EMP has never sounded so good as it sounds now, with optimized tube configuration. So actually I currently have two favored amps: Aria prototype and EMP. Anyway, you'll be surprised about the price of the Aria -- and this with a built-in DAC!
eek.gif

peacesign.gif

Is it a USB only DAC or will it have Coax/Toslink as well?

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #26 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
Is it a USB only DAC or will it have Coax/Toslink as well?

It only has USB connexion. But there is the plan for an (even) higher-classed amp/DAC combo (link) which will have USB and coax connection -- the ultimate compact high-end audio station. Nevertheless, the Aria's amp alone is more than worth the cost and of absolutely audiophile caliber.

peacesign.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #28 of 235
Quote:

It only has USB connexion. But there is the plan for an (even) higher-classed amp/DAC combo (link) which will have USB and coax connection -- the ultimate compact high-end audio station. Nevertheless, the Aria's amp alone is more than worth the cost and of absolutely audiophile caliber.

peacesign.gif

It definately looks interesting. Personally I'm kinda hooked on the whole NOS DAC sound now anyway. I'd be interested in hearing this one but seeing as there is a GS-1 on its way to me as we speak I doubt it's in the cards anytime soon.

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #30 of 235
Dear Headfellows,

> Hmm there is another Jubilee gamble starting up, I wonder if Meier is going to introduce another new model in this style once the gamble ends for the HA2Mk2SE

Don't worry, the HA-2 MkII SE will not be discontinued. There's enough stock for at least a year.

As for the ARIA, more details will follow in around 2 weeks.

Cheers

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back