Meier-Audio CORDA Aria
Feb 23, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #226 of 235
My spending limit keeps on getting higher and higher.

You guys are right even the strongest can't survive this forum.

Now I think I'm going to buy this guy for my Alessandro MS-2 that I'm going to be getting.

What site would be the best to order from?

Do you guys know if this is driverless? Because I'm running linux.

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #227 of 235
Aria uses standard usb audio and should be supported by most Linux distributions. Search in "computer as source" forum if you need more details.

Feb 23, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #228 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by torjeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any thoughts about ARIA+Grados (325i in particular), anyone?

The ARIA seems to suit my needs perfectly, but if it doesn't sound good with my Grados ...
frown.gif
Please tell me it does
wink.gif

Oh, and first time poster by the way. Great forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

fellow headfier i spent some time with said that the aria+325i combination was a dream come true.

i never got to hear the combo has he sold the aria for cash but im sure it is wonderful lol

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #229 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowfront /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My spending limit keeps on getting higher and higher.

You guys are right even the strongest can't survive this forum.

Now I think I'm going to buy this guy for my Alessandro MS-2 that I'm going to be getting.

What site would be the best to order from?

Do you guys know if this is driverless? Because I'm running linux.

You can order the Aria directly from the manufacturer Jan Meier here, or from "Todd the vinyl junkie" here.

And it should work with Linux without a problem. I use it with Ubuntu without the need for a driver.

Feb 23, 2007 at 9:35 AM Post #230 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Corda Aria is not a limited edition product and should still be available.

I would have thought the same, but ttvj states that the Corda Aria is a "limited edition of 500 pieces only".

Doesn't seem to be a shortage though...

Feb 23, 2007 at 10:36 AM Post #231 of 235
It seems like Jan Meier changed the status from limited to regular item, since he had the same text on his website, but now it's a different one, without the mention of being a limited item.

Feb 23, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #232 of 235
Here's a quote from the Corda Aria page on the TTVJ website:
Quote:

Recently Meier-Audio celebrated its 5th anniversary. For this special occasion an amplifier was made in a limited edition of 500 pieces only. The ARIA has an improved circuit topology that results in a very detailed and natural sound. It approaches the HA-2 in sound quality but at a price that is very festive indeed. In addition to the analog inputs the ARIA also has a built-in digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and can be directly connected to an USB-port of your computer. This DAC chip results in a sound that clearly surpasses that of most soundcards.

TTVJ is proud to be able to sell this amp in the USA.

I don't presume to know more than TTVJ about a product they sell.

Maybe Meier-Audio can give us a definitive answer.

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #233 of 235
Sorry to dig up on old thread, but just wanted to let anyone know that is interested that this amp works wonderfully with an iPhone 5 via the Camera Connection cable (I assume it would work just as well on an android phone with an on-the-go cable?)

I am using the flac player+ app

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #234 of 235
I know this is an old thread but i really want to post my experience whit Aria. (Sorry for my english)
I bought this piece of art at 2011 and i was happy whit this amp/DAC combo, but a had few problems with itself. The first problem was the built in DAC low sound volume compared to my E-MU 0404 PCI card. So the built in DAC is not the strongest point of this amp. The second problem was the bright leds, but i solved this issue using resistors parralel to the leds. Last year solved the first issue with gain mod , from 10 dB to ~15 dB, and i really appreciate Ian Meier's support. Using K501 with this amp is not the best combo, but with extra gain mod this combo sounds a lot better. Before was solid but nothing special, after the mod it's more like a polished diamond. The cans have more forward presentation, against laid back sound before and this forwardness comes with little less transparency but i can focus more to the music itself - of course, it's still transparent compared to another amps. If  i do an upgrade from the built-in DAC probably i need another mod to reduce the gain to ~12dB, changing again those resistors but it's not difficult for experienced hands. The background noise still inaudible with this extra gain, so now it's truly better whit these AKG's. Amazing amp!

May 7, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #235 of 235
I was using 3 month with the gain modification but i reverted back to the original gain, it is more comfortable for long session listening
AND i think pairs well for forward sounding headphones, like the K401.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back