Meier-Audio CORDA Aria
Oct 18, 2006 at 11:55 AM Post #211 of 235
Hi guys,

This loved amp as a little default. In a dark room, blue leds are very brightning. Can we change a resistor or leds for a little less intensity ?

thx

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:07 PM Post #212 of 235
Dear Lenainrouge,

" In a dark room, blue leds are very brightning. Can we change a resistor or leds for a little less intensity ?"

The simplest method is to place resistors in parallel (!) to the LED's. Since there are already resistors in series with the LED these additional resistors will lower the current through the LED. The advantage is that no resistors have to be removed/replaced and that the operation can be easily undone by cutting the additional resistors.

Recommended values:

1k .. 1k5 for the power LED
1k2 .. 1k8 for the USB-LED

Cheers

Jan

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #213 of 235
To combat the bright LEDs I put a little bit of that kind of tacky substance that might be blue in colour (no advertising here!! lol) and that works wonders. I didn't want to have to open the amp to do anything inside as I wouldn't have the first clue what to do and seeing as the amp sits on my bedside table and is always plugged into the USB the lights could easily illuminate my whole room.

But occasionally I take it off as those LEDs look cool!!

Dec 10, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #215 of 235
Soundstaging is outstanding. And it mates well with the DT770/80.

Dec 12, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #216 of 235
man I really loved my corda aria when I had it. It seperated the individual instruments and pinned them down to their respective sonic positions. However ,I felt that they presented too neutral of a sound signature for my tastes (which is great for reference freaks), I like a warmer midrange sound with a slightly rolled off high end response.

Dec 12, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #217 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man I really loved my corda aria when I had it. It seperated the individual instruments and pinned them down to their respective sonic positions. However ,I felt that they presented too neutral of a sound signature for my tastes (which is great for reference freaks), I like a warmer midrange sound with a slightly rolled off high end response.

It's still getting love here! I'm really liking it.

Dec 17, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #218 of 235
Hi. This may sound like a silly question, but does the volume control affect the line-out too and not just the phone connection?

EDIT: Before anyone answers, yet another question. Let's say I buy the Aria and connect it to a pair of active speakers. Can the line out be turned off so that when I'd be using the phones, there'd be no signal fed to the speakers? The speakers I'm considering have signal auto-detection.

Dec 17, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #219 of 235
The Aria doesn't have a line-out. Just analog(RCA) and digital(USB) in.

Ant

Dec 17, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #220 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by apostate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Aria doesn't have a line-out. Just analog(RCA) and digital(USB) in.

Thanks. It really was a silly question - but in a different way than I thought. I saw those RCA connectors and thought they'd be line-outs. My bad.

Dec 24, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #221 of 235
Hi,

Is the Corda Aria still available (new) from Meier Audio, or was the Corda Aria a limited production run as was the Headfive?

Also, do most US buyers purchase directly from Germany, or through some US distributor?

I'm seriously considering the Aria, and had better purchase soon before I convince myself I "need" the Opera instead
biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Don

Dec 24, 2006 at 8:14 AM Post #222 of 235
The Corda Aria is not a limited edition product and should still be available.

I believe US buyers can purchase directly from Meier Audio in Germany, or through TTVJ in the US. Links are at the top of the page.

Dec 24, 2006 at 12:38 PM Post #223 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Corda Aria is not a limited edition product and should still be available.
I believe US buyers can purchase directly from Meier Audio in Germany, or through TTVJ in the US. Links are at the top of the page.

Thanks Elphas, much appreciated!

Dec 27, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #224 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Pusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My only concern is how well the Aria pairs up with my Grados. I guess I'll have to drop Jan a few lines then quit Head-Fi until after Xmas!
rs1smile.gif

Any thoughts about ARIA+Grados (325i in particular), anyone?

The ARIA seems to suit my needs perfectly, but if it doesn't sound good with my Grados ...
frown.gif
Please tell me it does
wink.gif

Oh, and first time poster by the way. Great forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Dec 27, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #225 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by torjeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any thoughts about ARIA+Grados (325i in particular), anyone?

The ARIA seems to suit my needs perfectly, but if it doesn't sound good with my Grados ...
frown.gif
Please tell me it does
wink.gif

Oh, and first time poster by the way. Great forum
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry for your wallet
rs1smile.gif

I have used the Aria with Grado HF-1's, and they sounded VERY good together. It was a very good match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back