Meet The FiiO M7: An Exynos 7270-Powered HiFi Music Player
Jun 23, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #301 of 792
Please don’t tell me what my personal experience is - and I am using the latest firmware. Why would I not report on the latest available FW - there would be little point, right? The side buttons work perfectly on my unit for both skipping and scrubbing.

Is there anything else you'd like to correct me on with my personal experience of this unit?
You wrote "Yes the firmware is very stable" and this is not correct! Maybe the latest FW is a little bit better, but the first version was unstable! Tested with normal MP3 and FLAC files (encoded by myself, all these files are working correctly @my Squeezeboxes and other devices).
Another issue are umlauts @ German version. All my files are correct tagged and the FiiO app ignores the correct tagging and I get chinese (or whatever) chars instead the correct char.
There are many (little) issues and the FiiO app crashes from time to time - this FW is not stable, sorry!

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #302 of 792
In your opinion and in your experience.

it s very stable for me - no crashes.

Jun 23, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #307 of 792
Thanks son1c. And it is stated that the stand by time is 40 hours. Does this mean you have to turn it off or just like ipod? Just leave it and when you want to play just press the button, instant on. Ilike how walkman and ipod keep the battery level even when not turned off
You don't have to turn it off - it goes into sleep mode - and then practically isntant on when you hit the start button again.

Is this laggy by chance?
Its actually pretty responsive. The only slow thing I've noticed has been the scanning (my files are aac256, and the card is a 128 Gb exfat class 10). But I've noticed no lag with play, pause, skip etc.

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #309 of 792
In your opinion and in your experience.

it s very stable for me - no crashes.
Today I had two app crashes. Normal encoded FLAC files - after the crash the files are no more listed @database anymore until app re-start. Then normal playback.
Sorry. This is not just "my opinion". These are facts!
All these files are okay and my Squeezboxes never crashed, also my Walkman never crashed with the normal encoded FLAC files and the FiiO app can replay the files after app re-start, in this case a normal FLAC file is not the trouble maker.

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #310 of 792
I have had the Fiio music app quit. This happens when I first go to use it. I just open the Fiio music app again and all is good, although it hasn’t remembered the song I was last playing. This happens most times after a long period of not using it eg the next day.

I have a 200gb Sandisk micro sd card that was reformatted before using it, then music was copied across.

I am thoroughly enjoying the M7 though.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #311 of 792
I have not had a single crash on the M7 since I got it. This is also a fact.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #312 of 792
Interested in this player, is there a line out to give it some more juice with a file A3 headphone amp?
How does this player compare sound wise to nw45a and cayin n3?

Thanks,

Dennis.

Jun 27, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #313 of 792
Interested in this player, is there a line out to give it some more juice with a file A3 headphone amp?
How does this player compare sound wise to nw45a and cayin n3?

Thanks,

Dennis.
Yes there's line out integrated with headphone out. Sound wise compared to a45 not much different. With a45 a bit on warmer side, didnt take serious ab test on both dap, just casual listening. I owned both, but now a45 is sold since i like m7 more

Jun 27, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #314 of 792
Yes there's line out integrated with headphone out. Sound wise compared to a45 not much different. With a45 a bit on warmer side, didnt take serious ab test on both dap, just casual listening. I owned both, but now a45 is sold since i like m7 more

Thanks! Does it have enough power to drive DT770 32 ohms cans?

Jun 27, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #315 of 792
I like most things about the player Theo. Stable, easy to use, sounds really great. The MTP connection is a bit of a PTA (I need to find a solution for Linux - works fine in Windows). Biggest issue I have is the very slow scan, and the price for feature set (its OK as far as value goes - but its not great). I like the form factor better than the likes of the Cayin N3, but there are a few things which stop it from being a great player (it is genuinely a good player though).

Hi Brooko, what are the few things that stop m7 from being great? Plus, how would you rate the music reproduction from m7? Am about to shell out 200 dollars and would love to know what i am getting myself into!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back