MEET IMPRESSIONS AND PICTURES - 2010 CanJam Chicago
Jun 6, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #76 of 549

Quote:
Did anyone get to hear the hifiman HE-4's. 

And if so, how do they compare to the HE-5LE and HE-6?

I think you mean the HE-3's.. I didn't see them at all.. I left at 7 30. I suppose tomorrow I'll manage some pictures of the HE-6 and the HE-3. I did buy the RE-ZERO.. so much easier to drive than the RE0's. Not got time to listen to them though, maybe over the week! For now, I'm gonna stay satisfied with mid-fi simply cause being a college student, I have no money to go to the summit.. 
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #77 of 549

Quote:
I read elsewhere that the USB would be for programming but not music.  It appears that if one has a Macbook that the coax input would necessitate using a USB > Coax adapter like the Nuforce uDAC or other products.  Too bad it doesn't have optical for using an iRiver or portable CD player (or PS3), or to connect to a Macintosh natively.

As far as I know usb serves for streaming as well. At least this is what I got from the chat that I had with Mr. Harvey. There is no programming involved after the product finalizes. Currently, a software modulation was needed to change the volume and bass levels and that has been done through usb, The end product will have manual controls and will be only one small box and usb will serve as another digital input, if I did not misunderstand what we talked. I wish there was optical too though. Iriver ihp-140/120 with this serving as a nice portable combo would be great. BTW, JHA-3A can also operate with anolog input, however my understanding of the product suggests that there is an analog-digital conversion going on after the analog input and then things are done in digital, there is another conversion from digital to analog before the amp, so the sound might be a bit worse comparing to the whole digital way.

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:04 AM Post #78 of 549

Quote:
Thanks for the great photos superfrag!
much appreciated.
beerchug.gif

No prob! I'll try for more of the same or other stuff tomorrow as well!

Quote:

Great pics superfrag..glad you liked best the three that i find to be the best too..Cavalli Audio LF, LCD-2 and Fostex TPs
smily_headphones1.gif

The Fostex were very nice indeed. But the LCD-2 + Cavalli.. that completely made me go OMG.. 

Quote:
Thanks for the nice pictures mate,very nice camera you've got.

No prob! My SX20IS serves me well!

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #79 of 549
Quote:

As far as I know usb serves for streaming as well. At least this is what I got from the chat that I had with Mr. Harvey. There is no programming involved after the product finalizes. Currently, a software modulation was needed to change the volume and bass levels and that has been done through usb, The end product will have manual controls and will be only one small box and usb will serve as another digital input, if I did not misunderstand what we talked. I wish there was optical too though. Iriver ihp-140/120 with this serving as a nice portable combo would be great. BTW, JHA-3A can also operate with anolog input, however my understanding of the product suggests that there is an analog-digital conversion going on after the analog input and then things are done in digital, there is another conversion from digital to analog before the amp, so the sound might be a bit worse comparing to the whole digital way.

If the JH3A will indeed accept USB input, this is huge news!

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #80 of 549
Thanks for the pics!

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #81 of 549

Quote:
I think you mean the HE-3's.. I didn't see them at all.. I left at 7 30. I suppose tomorrow I'll manage some pictures of the HE-6 and the HE-3. I did buy the RE-ZERO.. so much easier to drive than the RE0's. Not got time to listen to them though, maybe over the week! For now, I'm gonna stay satisfied with mid-fi simply cause being a college student, I have no money to go to the summit.. 
tongue.gif

No, I mean the HE-4's, the new ortho thats a step down from the HE-5's. The only thing i've heard about them was theat they share they look identical to the HE-5's and HE6's.

Quote:
HE-4 full size planar driver headphone cans.

Younger brother of HE-5LE (like HD580 and HD600, or K701 and K601).
Impedance: about 30 Ohm
Efficiency: about 87 DB
Available time: June or July, 2010
Final Price will be between $499

Anyways, enjoy your RE Zero's. I'll definitely have to pick those up.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #83 of 549
I would love to be there, however i can't:frowning2:

I do have a question though, how do the PS1000 sound to you guys?

thanks for the pictures and comments.

Jun 6, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #84 of 549
Jun 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #86 of 549
again thanks for the pics guys.
I just saw in one of the pics that headroom is giving 20% discount on their manufactured products and 15% on others between 5th of june ~14th.
I've been considering their micro or ultra micro DAC for a while now and this might be a good time to order one!!

Jun 6, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #87 of 549
Thank you all for photos and comments. Wish I could be there.

Jun 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #90 of 549
thank you for sharing the pictures everyone!  Please continue with the pics and impressions.  I hope everyone is having a great time there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back