Meet DUNU's Newest Addition to Our Modular Cables, AMBER!
Jul 14, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #91 of 150
He mentioned that it is impossible to compare as one is 2pin, another is mmcx

However, from another post, someone mentioned that Amber is pretty good for planar IEM, but not so great on hybrid (DD and BA).
I did actually try the Blanche on the Sands as I have a mmcx to 2-pin adapter that is just too physically big to be practical/comfortable but I found the Blanche too hot on the Sands just like the stock cable. To me the Amber gives me essentially the sound of the Sands stock cable just taking the top of the aggression that I found a little too much. On the IER-Z1R I absolutely love the Blanche

Jul 14, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #92 of 150
He mentioned that it is impossible to compare as one is 2pin, another is mmcx

However, from another post, someone mentioned that Amber is pretty good for planar IEM, but not so great on hybrid (DD and BA).
Ah, thanks! I didn't even think of that. I think I might just give it a try. I was pretty impressed with the Amber, even with the Monarch having DD and BA drivers.

Jul 15, 2022 at 12:45 AM Post #93 of 150
Ah, thanks! I didn't even think of that. I think I might just give it a try. I was pretty impressed with the Amber, even with the Monarch having DD and BA drivers.

Experimenting is part of the fun! Thanks so much!

Jul 16, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #94 of 150
I did order mine a week ago, still waiting for delivery
It has been recommended by a fellow, because I was looking for swappable/modular cable. Hope Dunu will live up to its name with this one :beyersmile:
Hopefully it will be better than my current Xinhs 4 Core 6N Single Core Copper cable. I'll be using it on ISN H50 and FD5 :relaxed:

Jul 17, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #95 of 150
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the Amber for my Z1R.

Jul 18, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #96 of 150
I did order mine a week ago, still waiting for delivery
It has been recommended by a fellow, because I was looking for swappable/modular cable. Hope Dunu will live up to its name with this one :beyersmile:
Hopefully it will be better than my current Xinhs 4 Core 6N Single Core Copper cable. I'll be using it on ISN H50 and FD5 :relaxed:

If you PM me your order number, happy to check on ETA for your fulfillment.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered the Amber for my Z1R.

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

Jul 23, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #98 of 150
Amber came in today.
A great weekend y'all and enjoy music.

Cheers 🎶🎧✌🏻

PSX_20220723_134228.jpg
PXL_20220723_113820090.PORTRAIT.jpg

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #100 of 150
How did you find the cable felt?
Was it pretty free from memory? Do you have a cable you'd compare it to?
The Amber has a thicker gauge than the DUW-02S and a tighter weave so is a stiffer less flexible cable but still reasonably flexible. The Blanche (I think) has the same guage as the Amber but is more flexible. I like all 3

Jul 25, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #101 of 150
Looks definitely good, Dunu definitely doesn't miss when it comes to cables🔥💯

Thanks!

Amber came in today.
A great weekend y'all and enjoy music.

Cheers 🎶🎧✌🏻

Beautiful stuff! May I share this on our socials?

The Amber has a thicker gauge than the DUW-02S and a tighter weave so is a stiffer less flexible cable but still reasonably flexible. The Blanche (I think) has the same guage as the Amber but is more flexible. I like all 3

Great questions and answers!

Jul 25, 2022 at 5:20 PM Post #102 of 150
Thanks!
Beautiful stuff! May I share this on our socials?
Sure, feel free to use it. 🙃✌🏻

I got a diy same braided neotech litz to compare. Seems nearly or exactly the same litz, no memory so far.

PXL_20210216_110425457.PORTRAIT.jpg

👇🏼 on point. 🙂

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #104 of 150

Sure, feel free to use it. 🙃✌🏻

I got a diy same braided neotech litz with to compare. Seems nearly or exactly the same litz, no memory so far.
I like them all, but DUW02S is more flexible. But to be fair, it is another braid/weave.

PXL_20210216_110425457.PORTRAIT.jpg

👇🏼 on point. 🙂

Probably a long shot, but have either of you had the Tripowin C8? It's been my go to cable in terms of feel, was wondering how it compared.

Jul 26, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #105 of 150
Can you comment on sound signature? Thanks
Hey,

Not by now, need to burn in my brain to several headphones actually to be safe against psychoacoustic. A lot of work, new gear and DIY stuff to fullfill. Got the amber since saturday. So, if and how it affects several IEM's soundwise will follow soon.

@Dizm0: Sorry, i couldn't comment to stuff i don't own by myself.

Stay healthy and enjoy music 🎶🥃🙃

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back