MEElectronics M6P vs M6 vs S6
May 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

IIDi3CEII

New Head-Fier
I heard M6 and S6 has fabulous sound quality for it's price, no problems with low, mid and high.  I want an inline control on my earphone so M6P fulfills this desire but there are a lot of complains on the control. Therefore I want to hear what you guys think of these three version of MEELectronics.

Thanks (& sorry if I posted on the wrong forum)

May 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I heard M6 and S6 has fabulous sound quality for it's price, no problems with low, mid and high.  I want an inline control on my earphone so M6P fulfills this desire but there are a lot of complains on the control. Therefore I want to hear what you guys think of these three version of MEELectronics.

Thanks (& sorry if I posted on the wrong forum)

All three are essentially the same, and even use the same drivers.  I don't know if the S6 has been tuned or updated to sound different though.  The M6 and M6P however, both will sonically sound the same :)

May 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 8
Right, so my choices are down to M6 and M6P.
Because I don't live in the States, I have to order these either from the site or Amazon and I'm afraid that the M6P's mic/control would become messed up like suddenly playing, pausing, playing and pausing...
thanks though!

May 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 8
i asked meelec if there is any diffrence between m6 and s6 and got this anwser

They offer the same comfort and sound as the M6, but offer benefits over the M6 for use during fitness activities such as improved sweat resistance, modular cable, and armband.

May 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #5 of 8
I am reviewing the S6, and have the M6 as well.  I could not detect any sonic changes between the two, however the upgraded package is worth the extra cash especially for a first time buyer as the tips that are included provide a much better fit then what is offered in the M6 package.  I was able to get a seal with all included large tips, single, dual, and triple flange.  The M6 on the other hand I use sony hybrid tips.

May 9, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #6 of 8
I would go with the S6 if you could, especially if you use your headphones for working out or traveling.

I actually just picked up the S6 and they sound very similar to the M6 in my opinion.  The one thing I really like though is all the extra gear that comes with them.  The armband isn't that great, but it's better than nothing.

Here's a good review: http://www.workoutheadphones.org/meelectronics-sport-fi-s6-review/

May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I would go with the S6 if you could, especially if you use your headphones for working out or traveling.

I actually just picked up the S6 and they sound very similar to the M6 in my opinion.  The one thing I really like though is all the extra gear that comes with them.  The armband isn't that great, but it's better than nothing.

Here's a good review: http://www.workoutheadphones.org/meelectronics-sport-fi-s6-review/

M6 is the same as S6...  You can find the M6 for almost a fourth of the price of the S6....  I'd get an M6 to save the cash...  Buy a cheap armband if you need :p

May 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 8
The inline controls works great. one click for pause/play, two quick clicks for repeat song, three quick clicks for next song. This working with Samsung Galaxy SII. I think that thing that you have to be concerned about is the memory wire which is a thin gauge and can break which can result in one side not having sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back