MEElectronics M6 PRO vs. Shure SE215?
Apr 18, 2015 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

alfredxing

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fiers!
I'm wondering if anyone who has listened to the M6 PRO can comment on how they compare to the SE215s? I can find the M6 PRO fro CAD$60, and the SE215s for CAD$125.

I'm leaning more towards the M6 PRO at the moment but I wanted to make sure they are tried-and-tested good. I listen to mostly alternative and post-rock.

Any other IEM recommendations are welcome as well (my budget is around $100, preferably under). I'd prefer over-ear, with a clean look (like the M6 or SE215).

Apr 19, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 24
I use to have shure and currently have the m6 pro. The m6 pro is so much better then the shure. The m6 pro is more accurate and sounds so much better and good sub bass then the shure. Only thing I can think about that the shure would beat the m6 is isolation that's about it.

+1 for m6 pro for me there the best 50-$100 iem the sound is in the wow factor for me for the price + good customer service

Here's the m6 pro thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/749797/meelectronics-m6-pro-musicians-in-ear-monitors

Apr 20, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #4 of 24
Thanks for your thoughts! I had briefly looked through the discussion thread but couldn't find any concrete comparisons between the two IEM's.

Not much people know about the m6 pro if I am not mistaken the m6 pro is about 3-5 months old. It's very good I would prefer it over the shure

But again I don't listen to rock music

Jun 17, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 24
I'm a current SE215 user, the clear flavor with a FIIO silver cable. I have a pair of M6 pros in the mail as of tonight (Need to downsize because I need cash), I can give my 2 cents if you would like. I mainly listen to punk and metal, and then CS GO audio so I'd be able to give a decent opinion on that kinda ****.

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #6 of 24
I'm interested in your thoughts.  I owned the 215's for a day or 2 before returning them because I was not impressed with the quality of sound.  I ended up getting some VSonic GR07 mk II's which were great but got stolen.  So I am expecting my M6 Pro's to arrive tomorrow (couldn't spring for something in the GR07 range this time :/ ) and am anxious to see how they sound.  I don't expect perfection, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #7 of 24
  I'm a current SE215 user, the clear flavor with a FIIO silver cable. I have a pair of M6 pros in the mail as of tonight (Need to downsize because I need cash), I can give my 2 cents if you would like. I mainly listen to punk and metal, and then CS GO audio so I'd be able to give a decent opinion on that kinda ****.

I'm really curious about your experience with the m6 pro. I've read reviews that say the highs can sound quite rough and as a drummer I want to hear cymbals clear and well. 

Jun 22, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #10 of 24
Based on the reviews and pricing I've also ordered the M6Pro, but also would like to know about a head to head listening comparison.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 24
can any of you folks that were getting the M6 PROs give your comments on them ? i've got a set on order , tracking says they'll be here tomorrow (saturday) . i also got a set of the 151Ps , but they were 1st generation , so i returned them to best buy . they also didn't have enough bass impact for me and a little more sheen in the high end would have been nice too .... both things the M6 PRO's are said/reviewed to do pretty well and very cleanly . the M6 PRO's are coming from MEE for 42.94 delivered with the coupon code . 

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:36 AM Post #12 of 24
I like the neutral sound of the M6Pro, but if you are looking for bass then the Shure is a better choice. At least from what I get from reading the shure reviews (never did firect comparison).

Fyi there is a massdrop running on the 215s. Almost bought them, but after reading more reviews I understand they are a bit more bass heavy. Don't like that, so I'm not buying (made that mistake with the RHA MA750).

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #13 of 24
Do take note theres a Shure 215SE or special edition which have a bit more emphasis on bass as well as a shorter cable, some people do like the shorter cable for moving around. 

the review can be found here!
http://www.head-fi.org/products/shure-se215-special-edition

I tried out the shure's and werent too impressed with them. How about the Audio techinica IM-50 and the Im-70? those are pretty decent stuff too. knocking shures off

Aug 12, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #15 of 24
not too sure about the size, but the shure se215 is pretty small and flush, but for me , i dont really like the cables on the se215. 

riding and listening to music? isnt that dangerous?!?! 
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back