MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Feb 17, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #91 of 378
Has anyone tried doing a sound comparison between the Stereo cable and the Cable w/ remote?  Supposedly the Stereo cable is 'high performance'.  I am curious to know if this changes the SQ for those who think is lacking.

Also - has anyone actually tried using an amp???

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #92 of 378
Can anyone compare these to the Shure SE215? I am mainly interested in great sound isolation(especially when flying), and great sound. 

I have some extra cash, should I just go with the Shure or are these M6 Pros just as good?

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #93 of 378
  Can anyone compare these to the Shure SE215? I am mainly interested in great sound isolation(especially when flying), and great sound. 

I have some extra cash, should I just go with the Shure or are these M6 Pros just as good?

I'm interested to know too, do they have as much bass as the SE215?

Feb 17, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #94 of 378
Never tried the Shure's, but considering they're different sound signatures and from what i've read and having listened the M6 Pro's after 10 or so hours of burn in, i thing they're have a lighter but tighter bass response, the Shure's are warmer and darker in presentation, while the Pro's are brighter and more crisp. 

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #96 of 378
Has anyone tried doing a sound comparison between the Stereo cable and the Cable w/ remote? Supposedly the Stereo cable is 'high performance'. I am curious to know if this changes the SQ for those who think is lacking.

Where did you read that the stereo cable is better than the remote cable?

Edit: I see now: http://www.head-fi.org/t/749797/lightbox/post/11307961/id/1299584

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #101 of 378
i got them today and i am realy satisfied with them. 

I was wearing them for 3 hours and i could go on . I am interested how they gonna sound in a week.

Don't forget to tip roll too!
I thought the stock biflange tips sounded epic until I tried the Sony hybrid tips :wink:

Oh and just BTW I did some comparisons between these and the og m6. I was surprised at the difference between the two!
Don't get me wrong, the overall signature is similar. The pro sounds much more refined though. The biggest difference may be the bass presence. I never realized how much bass the og m6 had. The bass presence on the pro is still punchy and satisfying but not as overwhelming. One other difference I noted is the treble. On the pro the treble is much more pronounced. It causes the details in music to really pop which I like. In fact the overall clarity of the pro is a big improvement. I noticed certain instruments and vocals sounded much more natural and stood out much better.
Sorry I'm horrible at describing sound, but this is what I seemed to hear (using same source on the same volume and the Sony hybrid tips on both).

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #102 of 378
Wondering if anyone has access the the Brainwavz S5 to compare contrast. My awesome S5's kinda broke (something is rattling around inside the left housing). I would just order another S5 but I"m worried about durability now and hoping these phones will get me to that same level.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #103 of 378
  Wondering if anyone has access the the Brainwavz S5 to compare contrast. My awesome S5's kinda broke (something is rattling around inside the left housing). I would just order another S5 but I"m worried about durability now and hoping these phones will get me to that same level.

I'm receiving the M6 PRO this week, and I have the S5 on-hand and ready for comparisons. So far it seems to be in good condition (it's with my dad and he didn't seem to bring up any issues about them), so I could write a quick OOTB comparison for you when the M6 gets here.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #104 of 378
  I'm receiving the M6 PRO this week, and I have the S5 on-hand and ready for comparisons. So far it seems to be in good condition (it's with my dad and he didn't seem to bring up any issues about them), so I could write a quick OOTB comparison for you when the M6 gets here.

I'm waiting for your review and first impressions! Also if they can compete with the VSD3's, Havi Pro 1 and Ostry's KC06 (all in their price range), and how they could compare to the Shure's SE 215 (possibly my next buy, only worried they will be too veiled in comparison with the M6 Pro's) 

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #105 of 378
  I'm waiting for your review and first impressions! Also if they can compete with the VSD3's, Havi Pro 1 and Ostry's KC06 (all in their price range), and how they could compare to the Shure's SE 215 (possibly my next buy, only worried they will be too veiled in comparison with the M6 Pro's) 

Sorry, can't help you any further than that; I don't have any of the IEMs you mentioned, and probably never will get them (waste of time and money, given I already have the sound I've been looking for)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back