MEElectronics M11+ vs Sony MDR-EX300 for Metal and Post-Hardcore?
Jan 17, 2011 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

EternalEmpire

100+ Head-Fier
I have found both on sale for £26 and £21 respectively and wondered if anyone could tell me which is best suited for my needs. I've read a lot about the MEElectronics and I like what I've read (good isolation, good build quality, good comfort and very little microphonics) but I'm not sure how well they'd match my primary genres (see title), on the other hand I've seen next to nothing about the Sonys except for that they're comfortable so I know even less about those.

Thanks for any help.

Jan 17, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 9
I had the m11+ and loved it.  It was very very comfortable, and the only thing near metal I listened to on them was Pantera and NIN, which it did a really good job with to my ears.  They are pretty bassy though, but I found it fun.

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 9
I'd go for the  Radiopaq Jazz assuming you're in the UK. Should be able to find them for less and they're definitely more balanced tham M11s but still far from bass-light.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 9
I read your review in the 'Multi-IEM Review' thread and liked what you said about their sound, but I have particularly small ears (I generally have to use the smallest tips that come with my headphones) and you said they're quite bulky and hard to get a good fit with so I don't really know if they'd be very good for me, you also mentioned that they can be painful and I have pretty sensitive ears (I used to get really bad ear infections as a kid, fortunately it didn't impair my hearing). I can up my budget to £35 ($55~) if it will get me something really good but I'd rather spend under £30 (just under $50) since I don't get a lot of use out of IEMs aside from traveling on the bus and such.

Quote:
I'd go for the  Radiopaq Jazz assuming you're in the UK. Should be able to find them for less and they're definitely more balanced tham M11s but still far from bass-light.

Jan 18, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 9
I'd try to get my hands on a pair of Brainwavz M2 if I were you. Excellent metal IEMs with a warm and fun sound. Cheap too! Check out the reviews here on Head-Fi. I'm sure you'll love them. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #8 of 9

Quote:
I read your review in the 'Multi-IEM Review' thread and liked what you said about their sound, but I have particularly small ears (I generally have to use the smallest tips that come with my headphones) and you said they're quite bulky and hard to get a good fit with so I don't really know if they'd be very good for me, you also mentioned that they can be painful and I have pretty sensitive ears (I used to get really bad ear infections as a kid, fortunately it didn't impair my hearing). I can up my budget to £35 ($55~) if it will get me something really good but I'd rather spend under £30 (just under $50) since I don't get a lot of use out of IEMs aside from traveling on the bus and such.

Quote:

ah i as going to say Jazz but if you want tiny then for fit you cant beat the tiny M11+ but bare in mind they are really bassy.  id sooner take the M6

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #9 of 9
I've used the M11+ with Metal very succesfully. The basses may result a tiny bit overemphasized for Metal, but that's a matter of taste. I like the M11+ for Metal *a lot*. They make you fell the music, that's for sure.

For Post-Hardcore, I'm lost. I don't know anything about that genre, sorry 
confused.gif
 I'm sure someone in the forum will be able to help you in that regard :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back