MEElectronics M11+ vs CC51 vs ADDIEM
Aug 25, 2011 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

asadkaramally

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, just wanted to know which of these headphones is best for me as they are all available below $50.
I listen primarily to high bitrate music of all types, Rock, dubstep, electronica, pop, and some R&B.
My main concerns are comfort, sound, and build quality.
Thanks!

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 8
I haven't heard the other two yet, but I can say that I was quite displeased with the CC51. They were very sibilant to my ears (not to the point where I wanted to rip them out of my ears or something like a defective IEM, but to the point where all styles of music were unpleasant without a -10dB adjustment to treble). They did have very good separation/clarity, though.

The ADDIEM can be had for $25 (yes for a genuine pair as far as I can tell) on eBay -- that's kind of hard to beat. Ljokerl also gave them a positive review for the pricepoint (of about $35 at the time of reviewing).

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #3 of 8
I have the CC51 and thought it wasn't sibilant at all. I can't stand harsh treble and they didn't have that to my ears. To me, the CC51 is the best choice for you for those genres of music.

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 8
I have the cc51, it can be sibilant at times, but it really isnt that bad. Really, it rarely is sibilant, i suspect what soundstige heard was midrange resonance, which can be brutal on these when you first use them. They required much much burn in, but they are worth it. It's bass and most sound freqs are very cleared and never cluttered. Soundstage is slightly above average i guess.  They are a bit V shaped and i consider them to be leagues beyond the addiem or the m11 if they are anything like the m6.

If you are looking for completely liquid midrange and the most expansive 3D sound you've ever heard, however, look somewhere else. Probably, up too.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 8
Hey Guys, I returned the CC51's for a refund because I got two faulty units. I'm thinking I should just get the M11+ off amazon since the price went down $10. They look like solid build quality and comfoet. What do you think?
Thanks.

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #8 of 8
Hey guys, just wanted to know which of these headphones is best for me as they are all available below $50.
I listen primarily to high bitrate music of all types, Rock, dubstep, electronica, pop, and some R&B.
My main concerns are comfort, sound, and build quality.
Thanks!

This is a comparison between the CC51 and ADDIEM... CC51 will suite your music genres much better. The CC51 does edge out on quality though. What's really important to note is that the ADDIEMs may not be able to suite you in terms of bass. The CC51s will do much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back