Meelectronics AI-M9 Earphones
Sep 25, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #106 of 121
Guess what everyone, who mentioned they were hoping for a clear M6?

Earphone-M6CL-MEE-2.jpg

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:22 AM Post #108 of 121
Wow, where do I pre-order a pair? New tri-flanges, too, I see. My girlfriend has just decided to upgrade herself from my PL30s to my Ai-M6's, so I need a new set. Clear M6's look great, but I might pick up one of the new IEMs (depending on price). Eagerly awaiting your review (and maybe jant's if he gets a chance to try them
wink.gif
)

Great news about the cable too - I always thought of the old M6's cable as the cable of death - it was the only sub-par part of an otherwise stellar IEM.

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:00 PM Post #110 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by ytsejam1138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can order them right from the manufacturer's website: MEElectronics M6 Stylish Sound-Isolating Sports Earphones (Clear)

Tempting, but I think I'll wait for the verdict on those cables. They might be the deal-breaker if they're still more microphonic than solid wood.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #111 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tempting, but I think I'll wait for the verdict on those cables. They might be the deal-breaker if they're still more microphonic than solid wood.

Don't worry they are far less microphonic then the previous cable, much smoother, much better looking. Also better built. It's just superior.

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #112 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry they are far less microphonic then the previous cable, much smoother, much better looking. Also better built. It's just superior.

Augh. I know I don't need any more budget IEMs, but I am still inches away from ordering an M6 and a woody.

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #113 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Augh. I know I don't need any more budget IEMs, but I am still inches away from ordering an M6 and a woody.

tempted?
wink.gif
haha. trust me, they're even more impressive for the price now.

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #114 of 121
Dec 14, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #116 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope that my M6s that are shipping to me sound as good as my M9s. I replaced the stock tips on the M9s with good biflange tips the first day because I couldn't get a decent seal. After a weekend of pink noise, they became my office phones.

Awesome bang for the buck, apparent build quality issues aside. I got a great pair of them!

I'm upgrading from JVC Marshmallows because I read a post on Head-Fi that the M9s "blow these away." I just bought the M9s and I must say I was initially disappointed in them partially because I expected a drastic difference in SQ like when I moved up from using earbuds to JVC Marshmallows. The other reason is although the M9's bass is nice on the low end and deeper than the Marshmallows, it doesn't seem very tight or punchy to me. It seems to make the overall sound more "muddled" compared to the Marshmallows which I think sounds more tight and punchy with a cleaner sound.

I haven't done 20+ hours of burn-in yet, but I'm also thinking it could also be the extremely cheap stock tips they came with them that's affecting the sound; they're very thin and flimsy and are nothing like the foam tips that come with the JVC Marshmallow. Are there any suggestions which tips I should buy and where I could buy them? Someone suggested to buy the UE700 stock tips, but I dunno where to get those.

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #117 of 121
I have the RE0 and am totally satisfied with it, including the balanced and accurate, IMO, bass response. But I have been thinking about another IEM that is a bit more fun, and that I can use in more knock-around situations so that I can protect my RE0.

So I just ordered the AI-M9 in silver, directfrom the MEElec site. I like the idea of the newer clear cable. $23 USD for phone and shipping in CONUS.

Feb 12, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #118 of 121
Just an update :

Ai-M9Ps are just back in stock (iPhone headset ver. of M9). I just bought a pair for my Nexus One. MEElec are also doing international orders directly from their webpage now rather than having to e-mail them.

Just wanna say a big thanks to Martie @ MEElec, instantaneous e-mail responses, super helpful.

Mar 4, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #119 of 121
Some more updates:

You asked for it, you got it! Hard cases are now included with all M6, M11, and M9 earphones in new packaging!

and

Thank you all for your support. The M9 is one of the best values out there and is only $20! And don't forget, friends and family get a 20% discount until March 5th! Just use the coupon code THANK_YOU at checkout!

ksc75smile.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #120 of 121
I just recieved my ai-m9p for my iPhone I must say I'm very very impressed! Really nice balanced sound, not too bassy not too bright, plenty of punch to the sound. I got them during their 1/2 price sale so including international postage they were $25usd

@that_aznpride101 re: marshmallows ... I found using the stock single flange tips getting a good seal was near impossible. Luckilly with a bit of experimenting I can get a good seal on the black double flanges so I'm happy with those. But without a really good seal they can sound quite harsh. Now the sound is much smoother and more natural.

I also decored two Shure olives and they sound great on the M9s but unfortunately they don't stay on very well - I need to apply a little glue to the inside of the olives and then let it dry hard off the earphones, so the inner circumference is a little tighter I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back