MEElec M9 - the $20 miracle earphone?
Apr 2, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by stonyboys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess they are miracle earphones if you like bass.

Yep. At first I thought my brain was doing something funny but this thing just picks up bass every chance it gets and takes a good amount of time to decay. If you try listening to trance on this, it's likely that you'll spend the entire time swimming in bass like I'm doing right now. Listening to ATB - Marrakech does give me the feeling that I'm in front of the subwoofer at a club though. Now I just need some Ecstasy and the effect will be complete.

The M6, on the other hand, is much more controlled with bass but seems to have a bit too much oomph from 4 to 9kHz which makes some tracks unbearably painful. I never thought it would be harsher than my JVC HA-DX3 but it is. Both headphones got around 2 hours or so of playtime so far so there's quite a bit of burn-in to do.

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cheap earphones seem to be giving surprises
smily_headphones1.gif
I got myself a PL30 and it arrived yesterday and have been trying it out since. It's pretty much a winner at the price of 17 shipped that I paid for. The accessories that it comes with is pretty shocking for such a cheap phone
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not as good as my other stuff but I don't expect them to but it's a pretty good buy at under 20.

Where did you get them for $17?

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #19 of 20
buy.com has the M9 for 16.99 with free shipping. I ordered a pair as a backup to my M6 which are great for the price.

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #20 of 20
Also just letting you head-fi'ers know Meelectronics is offering the M9's for $20 until the 19th of April.
Just use the SPECIAL_SAVINGS coupon code to receive the discount.
I'm sure most of you know about the offer at Buy.com which is cheaper for American buyers but for international buyers the offer from Meelec is the best I can find and highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back