Meelec M6 vs M9
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

andy43

100+ Head-Fier
Which would be more comfortable for sleeping? And they sound pretty much the same, right? At the low volumes I will be using them for I doubt it would matter much anyways.

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 11
M6 should be more comfortable. I can sleep in mine if I wanted to, since the housing sits flush with my ears. The M9, on the other hand, is a more traditional straight barrel IEM, and its housing will stick out more. Ok if you sleep on your back exclusively, but not so good for any other position.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 11
Meelec M9's are the smallest iems ive ever had. They go quite deep in your ear, combined with the small size they are very good for sleeping. Don't have M6's but they seem to come out quite much from your ear, so wouldnt recommend them for sleeping.

Jan 12, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 11
i had both the m9s and the m6. i prefer to sleep with the m6 on because they dont stick out of yours ears unlike the m9s.

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 11
I've also had both the m6 and the m9.  They should sound the same since they use the same drivers, but I found it more difficult to get a good seal with the m6's.  From my experience the seal affects the sound quite a lot.
For sleeping, I'd definitely say that the m6's are more comfortable, especially if you like to sleep on your side.  The m6's are the only headphones that I can use comfortably with the side of my head on a pillow. The strain relief part that sticks out a bit is sort of annoying but the headphones don't press into your head.

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #10 of 11
Well this thread just goes to show that YMMV lol

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #11 of 11
I haven't tried the M9, but I know with the M6, the unit sits flush with my ear. Atleast with my experience with the M9 style type earbuds, movements and snagging while sleeping pulls it directly out of my ear. I hate to say this but I have tried my 535s while sleeping and they work really well too. I need to change triple flange to dual flange or single flange because the triple flange changes the left right balance if I shift a certain way (bending the ear canal and cutting off sound i think?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back