MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 8, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #3,196 of 3,265
Can you post a photo of them, Nozzle side?
search
you could see black dot on an inner side of the headphones, but mine dont have anything there, just a smooth brushed metal

Apr 8, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #3,197 of 3,265
May 15, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #3,198 of 3,265
search
you could see black dot on an inner side of the headphones, but mine dont have anything there, just a smooth brushed metal

I've also noticed the same thing - I originally purchased my P1s back in 2016, but have replaced them this year with a new set after the old pair got damaged. There's no air vent at the nozzle side of the earpiece.

I contacted MEE Audio about this and they said that they were using new tooling to create their new batches. Apparently, the air vent on the older design is not really an air vent at all, and was blocked up from the inside as it was not used for sound tuning in the final product. However, I have noticed a difference with the newer design - there is more pressure build up in my ear, and it is pretty uncomfortable imo

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #3,199 of 3,265
I'm having a hard time with my P1s. I had difficulty finding any tip that created a solid seal. I previously would use M comply foam with little issue and now have to use L in the comfort style to get a seal. I had previously UE super.fi 5 pro and Ety HF3 after the 5's gave up the ghost.

The etys could be painful after extended listening periods. The problem with the p1s is that I can always sense them being present rather than how I used to barely notice having the UEs in. The right ear is much more painful but I cannot get a seal with M comply. On top I am finding some sibilance and the treble being slightly fatiguing. I've ordered some spiral dots to see if that improves the situation. But I feel I'm close to giving up on the P1s.

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #3,200 of 3,265
I'm having a hard time with my P1s. I had difficulty finding any tip that created a solid seal. I previously would use M comply foam with little issue and now have to use L in the comfort style to get a seal. I had previously UE super.fi 5 pro and Ety HF3 after the 5's gave up the ghost.

The etys could be painful after extended listening periods. The problem with the p1s is that I can always sense them being present rather than how I used to barely notice having the UEs in. The right ear is much more painful but I cannot get a seal with M comply. On top I am finding some sibilance and the treble being slightly fatiguing. I've ordered some spiral dots to see if that improves the situation. But I feel I'm close to giving up on the P1s.

I'd say just keep trying as P1's are great iem's, I've always used my trusted Auvio's with mine!

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #3,201 of 3,265

I think the P1s are fantastic with the Spiral Dots (old style, I don't have the "new" ones and they're too expensive right now). The wider bore and those magical dots help tame the treble and open up the bass, and I get a great seal (but YMMV). The other thing that helps the P1s is sufficient power....they'll take whatever you give them.

Is it the sound that's painful or the actual fit? I'm guessing it's not the fit, because I think they're some of the best fitting IEMs that I own, other than maybe being a little heavy.

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #3,202 of 3,265
I think the P1s are fantastic with the Spiral Dots (old style, I don't have the "new" ones and they're too expensive right now). The wider bore and those magical dots help tame the treble and open up the bass, and I get a great seal (but YMMV). The other thing that helps the P1s is sufficient power....they'll take whatever you give them.

Is it the sound that's painful or the actual fit? I'm guessing it's not the fit, because I think they're some of the best fitting IEMs that I own, other than maybe being a little heavy.

It's the fit that is painful. I find a lot of pressure on the one side and find I'm often adjusting that side every 15-20 mins. The sound can get a bit wearing with the highs being bright. I can definitely hear their potential as they have a decent sound on certain tracks that make you sit up and take note.

Will see what happens when the spiral dots arrive. Not sure if they are the new style or the old ones.

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #3,203 of 3,265

I did not experience your issues with pain, but I did not feel like I got the sound quality the P1 is praised for. I also find the treble to be fatiguing.
Reason for replying to your post - I've had great experiences lately with the Spinfit series of tips. They are really comfortable and are sealing better than any other tip I have tried.

I recently bought some Astell & Kern T8iE MKII. With the original tips they are not sealing perfectly and the sound is more neutral-warmish, but with the Spinfits seal is perfect and they become warm bass monsters. I need to try those tips with the P1 - maybe that will make them sound more balanced. I'll let you know.

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #3,204 of 3,265
It's the fit that is painful. I find a lot of pressure on the one side and find I'm often adjusting that side every 15-20 mins. The sound can get a bit wearing with the highs being bright. I can definitely hear their potential as they have a decent sound on certain tracks that make you sit up and take note.

Will see what happens when the spiral dots arrive. Not sure if they are the new style or the old ones.

For sure no two anatomies are alike and therefore some people just never get the fit they desire no matter what they try, my P1's have always been one of my most comfortable and non fatiguing (@surfgeorge ) iem's ever and the treble comment makes me think you have a bad pair as they are also one of the warmest iem's I ever had:confused: But as I've always said we also all hear them a little differently:wink:

Mee “X” P1.JPG

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #3,205 of 3,265
Need a super reliable IEM. Which will be better Mee audio P1 or Campfire audio Comet or any other. plz help decide for a newbie like me.
I read somewhere that P1 suffers some quality control issues, is that true.?

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #3,206 of 3,265
Need a super reliable IEM. Which will be better Mee audio P1 or Campfire audio Comet or any other. plz help decide for a newbie like me.

Another in that price range is the DUNU Falcon-C. I have the P1 and the Falcon-C. Somehow, everytime I listen to the Falcon, I just seem to adore them more.
I love both the P1 and Falcon, but Falcon is my preferred of the two.

Jan 22, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #3,207 of 3,265
I bought etymotic er2se. So much better that p1 which i used for more than a year. Etys in a different league. So clean and true to live. When i go back to p1 they sound so colored and bad in comparison to ety. Highly recommend you to try them out.

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #3,208 of 3,265
I bought etymotic er2se. So much better that p1 which i used for more than a year. Etys in a different league. So clean and true to live. When i go back to p1 they sound so colored and bad in comparison to ety. Highly recommend you to try them out.

I too used and recommended the P1 for quite some time, but have got the ER2SE and ER2XR now. Both are considerably better than the P1 and some of the best IEMs I've heard/reviewed. The only IEM I can think of that I preferred would be the ProPhile 8, and that costs 10x what the Etys do.

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #3,209 of 3,265
Maybe note better in terms of sound, but slightly different tuning, but I have Fiio FA1 and I like them more than owned in the past P1.
Similar level of comfort and isolation, FA1 are easier to drive but also benchmark the source in terms of hiss.
Smoother highs, more linear tuning, slightly more narrow soundstage but as a daily IEMs FA1 are amazing stuff.

Etys are better in terms of pure detail, but they have no ergonomics for me.

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #3,210 of 3,265
Maybe note better in terms of sound, but slightly different tuning, but I have Fiio FA1 and I like them more than owned in the past P1.
Similar level of comfort and isolation, FA1 are easier to drive but also benchmark the source in terms of hiss.
Smoother highs, more linear tuning, slightly more narrow soundstage but as a daily IEMs FA1 are amazing stuff.

Etys are better in terms of pure detail, but they have no ergonomics for me.

Initially I also wasn't sure if the Etys would ever become comfortable...but after about 4 or 5 days of using them things started to change pretty dramatically. I can happily wear them all day long now. The only area where they can still become uncomfortable is during the descend of a flight. Because they seal so much, the change in pressure requires me to remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back