MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Jun 23, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #3,241 of 3,265
I ended up buying the MX3 Pro about a half hour ago. I should have it in a few days. I have not seen any thread for this iem, and I do not believe anyone on this forum has any from this series yet. I am looking forward to getting it.

Jul 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #3,243 of 3,265
Well, this is just an update on my purchase. I was not totally satisfied with the sound of the MX3 Pro, so I returned it, and I ended up buying a Pinnacle P1 instead. I should have it in the mail on Wednesday.
Make sure you give them enough power, and try tip rolling. I'm partial to spiral dots, but YMMV. Both make a big difference. If you can run them balanced, they're even better. Oh, and let them burn in for a while. Enjoy!

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #3,244 of 3,265
Make sure you give them enough power, and try tip rolling. I'm partial to spiral dots, but YMMV. Both make a big difference. If you can run them balanced, they're even better. Oh, and let them burn in for a while. Enjoy!
100% agree on making sure you drive them with adequate power. They sound uninspired otherwise. Took out my P1's after seeing activity on this thread and gave them a good 3 hours of listening.

They are still a wonderful pair of IEMs with unusual mid range detail. Mine graph like they would be mid forward but don't sound offensively so.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #3,245 of 3,265
They should be here tomorrow. It will be paired with my Fiio M3 Pro DAP and a Topping NX3S headphone amp. The M3 Pro is an great DAP for the money, but the headphone amp in it is mediocre at best. In order to get the best from it, it really needs to be paired with a separate headphone amp. This DAP and headphone amp should make for a nice combo to use with the Pinnacle P1. The NX3S offers a bass boost option as well which can be turned on to enable a 4dB boost at 70Hz. If I find the P1 to not provide enough low end, I can always enable that feature.

Jul 17, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #3,247 of 3,265
Wow, that was an insanely long wait, but my Pinnacle P1 finally showed up today. I did not get the opportunity to test them out yet, but I will give them a listen this evening when I have time. The unboxing experience was very impressive. The build quality of these iems, packaging, and accessories really makes you feel like you are getting your money's worth for the 200 bucks you pay. I am very impressed, and can't wait to give them a listen later. I will test them out on my home setup for now, which is the SMSL M300 MK2 DAC, which has the AKM 4497 in it, and my Audio-GD C2 (2017 Edition) headphone amp. I ended up buying a Fiio M6 to pair with my Topping NX3S headphone amp, which will be my portable setup to use with the Pinnacle P1. I had originally purchased the Fiio M3 Pro first, but I was not satisifed with the sound quality of that DAP at all, so I bought the M6 instead. The M6 was supposed to show up today, but now shipping says I will not get it until Monday, which is disappointing. I will put up my first impressions later when I have time to listen to the iems.

Jul 18, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #3,248 of 3,265
I have been testing these puppies out for the last couple hours, and trying out all the tips. I am sad to say though that I am underwhelmed by the sound of these. I am going to have to return these, maybe jump up more in price, and look at other options. I will say though that soundstage and imaging on the P1 is fantastic. Instrument location and separation is excellent. However, this is certainly not a dynamic or punchy headphone, and it lacks in the bass department. I am far from a basshead, but this is definitely not a sound I am going to be satisfied with. This iem has a rather soft presentation, but is also quite detailed in the upper frequencies. This is certainly something unique compared to many other iems.

Jul 18, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #3,249 of 3,265
I have been testing these puppies out for the last couple hours, and trying out all the tips. I am sad to say though that I am underwhelmed by the sound of these. I am going to have to return these, maybe jump up more in price, and look at other options. I will say though that soundstage and imaging on the P1 is fantastic. Instrument location and separation is excellent. However, this is certainly not a dynamic or punchy headphone, and it lacks in the bass department. I am far from a basshead, but this is definitely not a sound I am going to be satisfied with. This iem has a rather soft presentation, but is also quite detailed in the upper frequencies. This is certainly something unique compared to many other iems.
Try amping them? Also what are you using as source?

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #3,252 of 3,265
I will be sending the Pinnacle P1 back to Amazon tomorrow. I am now on the hunt again for a pair of iems. I may just spend more and get the Fiio FH5. I am not completely decided yet.
Hey, firstly sad to hear you didn't like these. Yes, they are a bit dry down low but quite frankly your amp might be to blame here. These require a slightly warmer amp pairing. Also did you try tip rolling? These do appear to be tasteless when you listen to them initially but the sound actually grows on you. Going back to any other single driver iem was difficult for me after buying these. They are that good.
Anyway, these are quite frankly the best bargain in IEMs. Period. Nothing even comes close. I use them mostly for critical listening sessions. My previous choice were the Vsonic GR07 Bass. But the Pinnacle 1 has better resolution and spatial performance.
Give them a while, they'll grow on you.

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #3,253 of 3,265
Part of the issue is the shape of my outer ear. It does not allow for me to get a complete seal with the the P1. It is definitely not an amp issue. No matter what tips I use, the seal breaks over and over. My left outer ear gets rather sore as well after having these in for 20 minutes. The shape of these iems just does not fit my ears properly at all. They never sit properly.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 7:14 AM Post #3,254 of 3,265
Part of the issue is the shape of my outer ear. It does not allow for me to get a complete seal with the the P1. It is definitely not an amp issue. No matter what tips I use, the seal breaks over and over. My left outer ear gets rather sore as well after having these in for 20 minutes. The shape of these iems just does not fit my ears properly at all. They never sit properly.
Hmmm. I see.
Well that's a bummer. I want to recommend you the double flange tips but they are uncomfortable for long listening sessions and the problem might be the body of the iem not seating in your ear anti-helices.
Tough luck i guess. Anyway, good luck with your search.:beerchug:

Jul 19, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #3,255 of 3,265
Did you try wearing them cable down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back