MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 29, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #706 of 3,265
  I believe Stereo which is Singapore based currently offer worldwide shipping for free. Audio equipment is usually a bit higher priced than the US rates in Singapore, about USD 10 more on the P1 currently. 

http://www.stereo.com.sg/shop/earphones/in-ear/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1.html

I ordered from Stereo and paid about SGD18 for shipping, which is still way cheaper than the USD33 FedEx charged by MEE Audio's website.

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #707 of 3,265

I ordered from Stereo and paid about SGD18 for shipping, which is still way cheaper than the USD33 FedEx charged by MEE Audio's website.

They did say "We offer free domestic and international shipping for orders through our online store. For a very limited time only.". Never tried it out though and I'm not sure if its still valid. Hope you're liking the IEMs, very tempted to buy a pair but have two other IEMs on pre-order so I really can't justify owning one more pair :)

EDIT: I think you need to sign up as a member and not checkout as a guest.

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #708 of 3,265
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #709 of 3,265
  They did say "We offer free domestic and international shipping for orders through our online store. For a very limited time only.". Never tried it out though and I'm not sure if its still valid. Hope you're liking the IEMs, very tempted to buy a pair but have two other IEMs on pre-order so I really can't justify owning one more pair :)

i think the time ezekiel bought it, the offer wasn't there yet.

i tried both as a guest and member, either way can be eligible for free shipping. just tried this morning. and will be on its way soon. :wink:

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #710 of 3,265

i think the time ezekiel bought it, the offer wasn't there yet.

i tried both as a guest and member, either way can be eligible for free shipping. just tried this morning. and will be on its way soon. :wink:

You guys are right! Played with the store and now it offers free shipping! No qualms from me, I pre-ordered early March and am glad to receive it.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #713 of 3,265
I'm loving these P1's, they're really damn good!

However, I just ran into a problem today. I'll have to confirm to make sure it's not my phone audio jack, but I think the headphone cable might be bad (sound keeps cutting out and sounds very weird). Luckily they are removable and they came with another cable (with the microphone) so I will have to try that plus some other headphones just to make sure it's not the audio jack.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or has anyone tried or know of really good, durable cables that would work with the P1 and don't cost an arm and a leg?

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #714 of 3,265
  I'm loving these P1's, they're really damn good!

However, I just ran into a problem today. I'll have to confirm to make sure it's not my phone audio jack, but I think the headphone cable might be bad (sound keeps cutting out and sounds very weird). Luckily they are removable and they came with another cable (with the microphone) so I will have to try that plus some other headphones just to make sure it's not the audio jack.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or has anyone tried or know of really good, durable cables that would work with the P1 and don't cost an arm and a leg?

Just send them back and have them send you out another pair. James over at MEE is very quick with any status updates or questions you might have through the process. All in all very good service, fast delivery. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #715 of 3,265
  Just send them back and have them send you out another pair. James over at MEE is very quick with any status updates or questions you might have through the process. All in all very good service, fast delivery. 

Send back the whole thing or just the cable? There's nothing wrong with the actual earphones, just the cable. I switched to the cable with the microphone and it's working fine with no issues. But if sending the whole thing back is what's recommended, I can contact James at MEE. Might take a little longer because I'm in Canada, but waiting for them is not a big deal.

Mar 29, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #716 of 3,265
They'll just ask you to send back the headphones and both cables, everything else is yours to keep. They will also send you the replacement with a prepaid slip to return your faulty pair. James can answer any other questions you have. Turn around was very quick for me.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #717 of 3,265
  They'll just ask you to send back the headphones and both cables, everything else is yours to keep. They will also send you the replacement with a prepaid slip to return your faulty pair. James can answer any other questions you have. Turn around was very quick for me.

Ah alright, in that case I will speak with James at MEE. Thanks for the info.

What happened with yours? Same issue?

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #718 of 3,265
I do believe I experienced a short in my cable as well, where the mmcx connectors make contact. Being they are able to spin I noticed with the pair I did have, that upon turning it in a circular fashion and adjusting here and there it would cause pops and small bits of distortion. I couldn't get them to do it all the time but I figured might as well send them off and be done with it. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #719 of 3,265
  I do believe I experienced a short in my cable as well, where the mmcx connectors make contact. Being they are able to spin I noticed with the pair I did have, that upon turning it in a circular fashion and adjusting here and there it would cause pops and small bits of distortion. I couldn't get them to do it all the time but I figured might as well send them off and be done with it. 

Basically the same issue but it quickly escalated to the point that adjusting it was almost useless. If I left it one position and never moved. I just switched to the cable with the non-silver plated cable with the mic. So far it's working with no issues. But I'll contact them anyways. Wouldn't want to buy a new cable so soon.

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #720 of 3,265
I searched the thread and missed it. I remember reading that Mee did some minor upgrades to the P1. I think one was the cable connection, but I'm not sure. What were the changes.

Also, I'm thinking about ordering off eBay because I have a coupon for $20. Is there a way to tell if the ones they have are the newer ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back