MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #721 of 3,265
Not sure. Seeing as I got #186. What I noticed from that with the one exchanged was a lighter/slightly thinner cord. THe MMCX connectors were also more efficient in how they connected. Less effort than before, where it took a good push

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #722 of 3,265
Mine is #403. I don't know if that was before or after they did their minor upgrade.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #723 of 3,265
This is really strange...now my second cable which I just started using today has gone bad. That's really strange. The sound completely went silent while I had it plugged into my phone and was listening to music. Tried plugging the cable into my Audioquest Dragonfly on my computer and the right side doesn't sound right at all. It sounds very hollow. There's sound coming out of it but it's just quieter and hollower compared to the left side which sounds normal. The right side is distorting. Tried the original non-mic cable on my computer and while it works when it doesn't move...as soon as I move it, the sound pops and distorts.

Definitely contacting MEE Audio now. I'm guesing I got a bad batch of cables or pre-upgrade. Not sure. Not too happy that's for sure.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #724 of 3,265
It's an mmxc connector issue. Many manufacturers have issues with it. Too bad it's become the growing consumer choice for removable cables across the market. At any rate they'll take care of you. Hopefully the latest batches are much better in this regard.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #725 of 3,265
It's an mmxc connector issue. Many manufacturers have issues with it. Too bad it's become the growing consumer choice for removable cables across the market. At any rate they'll take care of you. Hopefully the latest batches are much better in this regard.

Yeah I know these kind of things definitely happen. I'm more annoyed that my second cable within the same day experienced the same issue. I'm sure they'll take care of me. They sound amazing to me, I just want them to work without any issues that's for sure. These are my first high-end iem's.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #726 of 3,265
Well then.. as much as these look like amazing iems. Im going to pass, mmxc connectors suck and i was waiting to hear if anyone was having issues. Bummer really.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #727 of 3,265
Well then.. as much as these look like amazing iems. Im going to pass, mmxc connectors suck and i was waiting to hear if anyone was having issues. Bummer really.

If it is any consolation, I have the second batch and have not had any problems with the cable or connector. Good luck with your search.

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #728 of 3,265
  This is really strange...now my second cable which I just started using today has gone bad. That's really strange. The sound completely went silent while I had it plugged into my phone and was listening to music. Tried plugging the cable into my Audioquest Dragonfly on my computer and the right side doesn't sound right at all. It sounds very hollow. There's sound coming out of it but it's just quieter and hollower compared to the left side which sounds normal. The right side is distorting. Tried the original non-mic cable on my computer and while it works when it doesn't move...as soon as I move it, the sound pops and distorts.

Definitely contacting MEE Audio now. I'm guesing I got a bad batch of cables or pre-upgrade. Not sure. Not too happy that's for sure.

Both cables have gone bad for you? I'm afraid I might get the same issues since I got an earlier batch than yours (#167). 

is anyone else going through this issue right now? 

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #729 of 3,265
  Both cables have gone bad for you? I'm afraid I might get the same issues since I got an earlier batch than yours (#167). 

is anyone else going through this issue right now? 

Yeah I'm testing them out a bit more but they both seem to be bad. On the non-mic cable, it seems to be the 3.5mm jack that's gone bad. Maybe the wiring in the housing is loose? Don't think it's the mmcx connectors.

But on the secondary cable, the one with microphone, it's definitely the right mmcx connector that just seems to have gone bad. The left side is louder and more full sounding compared to right side. The right side sounds quieter and hollow. It definitely doesn't sound right

I emailed MEE Audio. Now I'm just waiting for a response.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #730 of 3,265
  Yeah I'm testing them out a bit more but they both seem to be bad. On the non-mic cable, it seems to be the 3.5mm jack that's gone bad. Maybe the wiring in the housing is loose? Don't think it's the mmcx connectors.

But on the secondary cable, the one with microphone, it's definitely the right mmcx connector that just seems to have gone bad. The left side is louder and more full sounding compared to right side. The right side sounds quieter and hollow. It definitely doesn't sound right

I emailed MEE Audio. Now I'm just waiting for a response.

Damn, that's heartbreaking to hear ; ___ ;

I hope it all works out for you! 

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #731 of 3,265
Mar 30, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #732 of 3,265
Initial impressions: very impressed. Quick comparisons with the harmony, and the main things that stands out is that the lower to sub bass didn't give me the bombast and oomph that I want (knew that going in though) and while I'd say the upper midrange to lower treble is a bit more even on the p1, there's still a bit of grain and slight lack of refinement compared to the harmony.

Need more listening to truly assess it, but for the price, build quality and sound, this is a pretty incredible package.

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #733 of 3,265
Initial impressions: very impressed. Quick comparisons with the harmony, and the main things that stands out is that the lower to sub bass didn't give me the bombast and oomph that I want (knew that going in though) and while I'd say the upper midrange to lower treble is a bit more even on the p1, there's still a bit of grain and slight lack of refinement compared to the harmony.

Need more listening to truly assess it, but for the price, build quality and sound, this is a pretty incredible package.

Love how the P1 is being compared to much more expensive iems.
Pretty much what I did when assessing.

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #734 of 3,265
It definitely gets up there. I also have the flat-4 nami which are too thin and focused in the upper midrange level, and the Advance Acousticwerkes A3Hpro which are great value as far as customs go but isn't as detailed as the P1 plus it also has some coherency issues around the upper-midrange and treble region. Also have the Mee M-duo which is the IEM that really got me interested at Mee Audio, but they don't play at this level as much I like them at the budget range.

I'd still comfortably take my harmony over the P1 but it's more of a signature preference really except for the slight upper midrange/treble issue.

I feel like this is one of the few IEMs I have tried that really requires complys. The silicone tips that I've tried makes the treble sound pretty sharp and unnatural, but the complys really help with that. Which is unfortunate because I mostly prefer silicone tips because I apparently emit foam destroying acid in my ears.

Also not really the most sensitive earphones. I basically listen to it a few notches below the HD600 on the mojo.

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #735 of 3,265
It definitely gets up there. I also have the flat-4 nami which are too thin and focused in the upper midrange level, and the Advance Acousticwerkes A3Hpro which are great value as far as customs go but isn't as detailed as the P1 plus it also has some coherency issues around the upper-midrange and treble region. Also have the Mee M-duo which is the IEM that really got me interested at Mee Audio, but they don't play at this level as much I like them at the budget range.

I'd still comfortably take my harmony over the P1 but it's more of a signature preference really except for the slight upper midrange/treble issue.

I feel like this is one of the few IEMs I have tried that really requires complys. The silicone tips that I've tried makes the treble sound pretty sharp and unnatural, but the complys really help with that. Which is unfortunate because I mostly prefer silicone tips because I apparently emit foam destroying acid in my ears.

Also not really the most sensitive earphones. I basically listen to it a few notches below the HD600 on the mojo.

Off topic.. but how does the mojo do with the hd600. Ive been really interested to try it, but wondering if i would need an O2 to power it with the mojo as a dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back