MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 27, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #691 of 3,265
So... i just came stumbled into this thread. Oh dear! Literally just bought a back up pair of GR07s. My MKI are getting a bit ratty looking after so many years. Looks like i am placing an order on these
biggrin.gif

Gr07 are no match for p1,,i would be surprised if u used it after getting p1.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #695 of 3,265
Dont tell me that.. they are around $300aud which is more then i expected.

U are free to audition and compare both,i had gr07 for a year,too sibilant vs p1.The sub bass was better though,i loved the drums on gr07.Still the overall bass is more in p1 vs mk2.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #696 of 3,265
U are free to audition and compare both,i had gr07 for a year,too sibilant vs p1.The sub bass was better though,i loved the drums on gr07.Still the overall bass is more in p1 vs mk2.

I have no where to audition these :/ absolutely love my GR07s. My MKI still work great even though the cable is all green. Never found the sibilance an issue for me, they just sound amazing with all genres and hardly any downfalls.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #697 of 3,265

@sardar17 u have the legendary vc1000 ._.

I do,i sent back my faulty gr07 for a refurbished pair of vc1000 to lmue.They sounded awesome until i got p1 and realized their limitations.Last week i auditioned p1 vs dn 2000 and dn 1000 for like 2 days with my cousin and both of us agree its a step up but i haven't heard dn 2000j yet.

The best thing about p1 is non fatiguing signature,this is my first iem to be non sibilant apart from havi b3.

But these have their limitations

1)Sub bass is lacking and it matters in some tracks
2)Mid bass is accentuated/increased,though it does not interfere in the mids,still it feels more than it should.Its gppd for pop/edm but more than required for rock
3)A bit on the warmer side

TIP TO OVERCOME MAJORITY OF THESE-------USE TRIPLE FLANGES,its difficult and painful at first but u will adapt and it will be worth ur time.Triple flanges makes the peak at 10k like others mentioned almost disappear,tightens the bass and just makes the mids more sweet.

I have noticed these things comparing p1 to my hp200's which are pretty neutral by all accounts.
If it helps p1 is the iem version of ath r70x ,,,great soundstage and mids but a tad bit more warm and having increased mid bass for punch.

Mar 27, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #698 of 3,265
I have no where to audition these :/ absolutely love my GR07s. My MKI still work great even though the cable is all green. Never found the sibilance an issue for me, they just sound amazing with all genres and hardly any downfalls.

Yes i thought like that too,thats why i advice u to audition it if possible man.Otherwise there is no doubt gr07 is a stellar pair.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #699 of 3,265
This is some of the best treble and soundstage I've heard in a mid-fi IEM. And I haven't even begun burning in or tip-rolling yet. Just used the medium stock silicon tips.

Mar 28, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #700 of 3,265
Yup,after comparing these to vc1000 and dn 2000 i finally came to know what being incoherent actually means.
If these were made by beats or monster,,they would have been priced north of 600-700 definitely.

Again listening to the 2000J today. You can get used to the sound. But compared to the P1, the hybrids sound drunk. Surely other people must be hearing this.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #702 of 3,265
So I've had these earphones for about a week. I have to say there are probably the best built headphones I've purchased yet. The second cable without the mic is phenomenal. After using a custom iem for the past year, my ears can't get along with the fit. As far as the sound, maybe I didn't burn it in long enough or something. The mids seemed a little too recessed for my liking. For the total package you get at the price you get them for, I can see why people love these earphones.

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #703 of 3,265
  So I've had these earphones for about a week. I have to say there are probably the best built headphones I've purchased yet. The second cable without the mic is phenomenal. After using a custom iem for the past year, my ears can't get along with the fit. As far as the sound, maybe I didn't burn it in long enough or something. The mids seemed a little too recessed for my liking. For the total package you get at the price you get them for, I can see why people love these earphones.

Yup the mids seem a bit recessed out of the box, compared to the lifted treble and midbass. I'm putting them in the burner for 100 hours, hope there'll be some positive changes in regards to overall balance.

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #704 of 3,265
  Great opportunity to save some money. eBay offers 25 dollars coupon to use until 7pm PT today. Can buy these for $175(original 199)from a trusted seller.
Use coupon code CSPRING25OFF125

Any link to a good seller that will ship worldwide? I can only find one from the States, but his shipping rates are fairly high. 

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #705 of 3,265

Any link to a good seller that will ship worldwide? I can only find one from the States, but his shipping rates are fairly high. 

I believe Stereo which is Singapore based currently offer worldwide shipping for free. Audio equipment is usually a bit higher priced than the US rates in Singapore, about USD 10 more on the P1 currently. 

http://www.stereo.com.sg/shop/earphones/in-ear/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back